Chapter 19

Author Here!

I'm here for another update! Don't forget to vote. It encourages me to write :>>

__________________________________

Minerva

"Don't look at me like that," Vulcan said, staring at my direction.

"Your face looks uncomfortable. Don't worry, it's not because Venus and you are dating. I realized that my love for her is merely just platonic," Vulcan said with a grin.

I blushed out of embarrassment.

"So that girl's name is Sam? I saw her a while ago with her teammates, and heard her teammates saying how amazed they are everytime they play together. It seems that blue-haired girl never sweat," Vulcan said.

I looked at him immediately.

"That's true! The whole game, she wasn't sweating. My gut is telling me she's Poseidon," I pointed out.

Vulcan looked at Venus and smirked.

"She might go after you. She's Poseidon, one of Aphrodite's lovers," Vulcan said.

"That's what I'm thinking! High five dude!" Mars said, giving Vulcan a high five.

"She might not be into girls," Venusa said.

"She did approach, Ms. So Cool," Mars added.

I eye-rolled.

"I have my eyes on someone else," I said as I turned my gaze towards Venus.

Vulcan sighed.

"Anyway, I find it fishy how no one talks about us or the reincarnated children," Mars stated as his hands creased his face.

"It's as if we don't exist," Vulcan continued.

Venus furrowed in an unpleasant manner with wrinkles showing on her forehead. They aren't wrong either way, it's really as if no one knows about us. I began to question the existence of the societies.

"Do you think the people who claim they are part of the society are true? Does society even exist?" Venus asked.

"They probably are. The only flaw is that they never told us that the Gods or Goddess could be reincarnated in the opposite gender. You know, I'm beginning to question the importance of them being reincarnated again and again," I said, curiosity filling my mind.

The others were quiet. Venus then began to tap her index finger on the table loudly. She must have had thought of something.

"What if it's because of an unresolved conflict?" Venus said.

The three of us looked at Venus — confused.

"I mean just think about it? Didn't Aphrodite have many lovers even though she's married to Hephaestus?" Venus said.

We stayed silent.

Venus sighed.

"I'll explain. Who were the lovers of Aphrodite?" Venus asked, putting her palm on the table.

Mars did a silly gesture pointing his index finger on his forehead then answered, "Ares, Poseidon, Hermes, Dionysus, Adonis, and Anchises."

"Correct! And who's her husband?" Venus asked again.

This time it was Vulcan who answered.

"Hephaestus," He said with his voice cracking.

Our eyes widened. It made sense.

Mars, the current reincarnation of Ares; Vulcan, the current reincarnation of Hephaestus; and Sam, the current reincarnation of Poseidon are here. Well, Sam left but it made sense. The chess pieces were all sorted out here. The only ones who we haven't met are Hermes, Dionysus, Adonis, and Anchises. Then, a sudden realization struck me. Athena wasn't part of it all. In the first place, the lovers of Aphrodite were all men so what does that make me?

"I'm like an outsider," I mumbled.

Mars hit me on the head and gave me an angry glare.

"You are not. You are my best friend okay? Don't say that. Besides, the current me carries no romantic feeling for Venus," Mars claimed.

"I'm not really sure but it kind of fits. If another man from Aphrodite's harem shows up, then my theory might be true," Venus explained.

"Then what about the powers? Don't tell me Sam's power is to remain swea-free?" Mars asked, scratching the back of his head full of confusion.

"It's possible. It's not all amazing powers after all. Besides-" Vulcan stopped. He took a deep breath.

"I lied," Vulcan said.

"I didn't transform just so suddenly. Despite how Hephaestus wanted to help me become average, I was born that way. My parent's genes sucks. I just took care of my body and my skincare, and surprisingly, I was able to overcome the burden of Hephaestus's power," Vulcan siad, clenching his teeth.

Nobody talked. Silence filled the room.

"That's right. Unlike all of you, Hephaestus's power is to make me ugly — no make my life ugly. And guess what, the root of the power is my appearance. If I don't take care of my physical appearance, it will affect my life too," Vulcan continued.

"You must have endured hard enough," I said, looking at him.

Vulcan covered his face as his warm tears began to roll down his cheeks like a stream. Venus got up and hugged Vulcan. It must have been unfair for his life to be that way. It made me become thankful for what I have.

After Vulcan had finished releasing his frustrations that he had been bottling up, we were stuck. We didn't know what the next step was and in the end, we decided what for the other reincarnated children to pop up within the month.

"Venus told me that you live in the same building. Frontview Residences?" Vulcan said.

We are currently walking home together — the four of us. Apparently, Vulcan also takes this path home.

"Yeah. So hout bout you?" I asked.

"Near the train station, at Plaza apartment," Vulcan said.

Woah. Knew that he lives beside the building of Mars's.

"Bro! I live in the building beside there! Wanna come over sometime?" Mars said to Vulcan.

I was taken aback. I always knew that Mars may look friendly, but he's never the kind to invite someone out-of-the-blue.

I smirked. Oh, so that's how it is.

I glanced at Mars and winked at him. He only rolled his eyes in response as he turned his attention to Vulcan and placed his arm around Vulcan's neck. Damn that guy's smooth. I need him to teach me a thing or two to flirt with Venus.

Wait! Isn't it my chance?

I sneakily intertwined her hand with mine as we walked home like lovers do without even glancing at Venus. I really hope she wouldn't notice how flustered I am.

I glanced at Vulcan one last time before we went our separate ways. Vulcan's actually a nice guy. He kinda blended with the three of us. I wonder if all reincarnated children are comfortable and vibe with each other. It's amazing how the four of us are together here right now despite being told that we wouldn't meet reincarnated children in our whole life let alone three. The society is definitely fishy, and we must stick together. I felt my spine shudder as I looked up the moon.