Chapter 22

Minerva

I got dressed in my practicing attire. The others weren't here yet, the ones here were me and Sam. It was rather awkward. She didn't know how to confront me and so did I. It was a good thing that Venus, Mars, and Vulcan went to the vending machine first while the practice game hadn't started yet.

I sat on the bench after getting changed. Before I knew it, Sam's already beside me. She bit her lips and clasped her head together. She had a troubled look.

"Hey, you alright?" I managed to utter.

"Love's complicated huh?" Sam said, her face filled with many emotions.

It made me wonder whether Sam's after Venus like her original counterpart did. It made me uneasy. The thought of Venus on someone else's arms made my heart ache. I wonder until how long am I able to date Venus. It might just end in the blink of an eye.

"Long story short. I had a crush on my friend, the glasses girl. She rejected me because she prefers guys. Let's just say that my friend is one of the girls that the crazy egoistic girl, Paris, is making fun of. Of course I hated Paris — before. Fuck! It's just that she comforted me when my friend rejected me and I think I'm falling for Paris," Sam confessed, her ears bright red.

My eyes widened. What kind of wattpad cliche story is this? Woah woah woah. I never thought that Sam would have a crush on Paris. Now that she mentioned it, I think there's something about Paris that is telling my gut that she's part of this charade too.

"But, I saw you guys bickering with each other," I said, my head filled with confusion.

Sam's face reddens. She clutched her shorts.

"I'm the kind of person that's mean to the person I'm really into. We'll Shela's a different case. I wasn't this into her compared to Paris. She also stopped making fun of Shela and started defending her. She also started winking at me and flirting with me when no one's around. It's like she's doing this on purpose," Sam confessed, her face is now burning.

She's really into Paris. Don't get me wrong the silver-haired lady is undoubtedly attractive. I sighed. Where the hell is cupid when we need him?

"Have you thought of confessing?" I asked.

Sam looked at me directly at my eyes with a serious face, then looked away.

"She's Adonis's reincarnation, and I'm Poseidon's. We're supposed to be competing for the hand of Aphrodite, no?" Sam confessed.

She knew. We were right!

"Some person with a strong family background forced me to take part as an exchange student. I was surprised. Despite what was taught to us, three- no- four reincarnated children were together in one school. Make that five now. The person told me to win Aphrodite or should I call her Venus? That I should not interfere or rather not get close to Venus. I was surprised when I heard that Athena's the one dating Aphrodite," Sam said.

"I'm not sure who's relationship I shouldn't interfere with, but I won't. I'm in love with Paris, Adonis's reincarnation after all," Sam answered.

I almost fell off my seat. Now that Sam mentioned it, who's relationship was she told not to interfere when I'm not even one of Aphrodite's lovers? The society must have been keeping something from us.

"Wait. How did you know that Paris is Adonis's reincarnation? We couldn't sense her," I told Sam. I've never heard that reincarnated children weren't able to detect each other.

"Adonis is human. Maybe that's why. I was only able to detect her when my heart started to beat faster around her," Sam asnwereed while playing with her hair shyly.

I was utterly surprised. I never thought that Sam would fall in love with Paris. Talk about complications. Wait. I need to somehow tell Venus and the others about this. I've got a feeling that we'll be meeting with another reincarnated child again.

"Do well later in our game alright?" I told her.

I've got a plan after all. I took my phone out and contacted Mars. Hopefully, he would comply. The other arrived and changed their clothes.

When the game was about to start, Sam looked at me nervously. I winked at her. She could only glare at me, after all I asked Mars to force Paris to watch our game. Once again it was Sam's team against mine. When the whistle started, I jumped up and grabbed the ball. This made my team the attacker and Sam's to defend.

I passed the ball to Pat on the left where it was suddenly being stolen by Sam. My team ran back to our side of the court to defend. It looks like Sam's doing her best. Someone's watching after all. At the corner of my eye, I saw Venus. I need to up my game too.

In the end, my team still won with five points in the lead. I walked towards Sam who could only sigh.

"If you're planning to win, you should've called her," Sam said.

I chuckled and patted her back.

"You need fans to get her jealous. Besides, someone's also watching me. I had no choice," I answered glancing at Venus.

Sam rolled her eyes then smiled at the squealing girls and guys.

"Thanks," She whispered. Before walking towards Paris giving the girl a peck on the cheek before running back to the court, avoiding being smacked on the face.

The whole student inside the gym went quiet, some were blushing. Sam's confession was clear as day. I would've scolded Sam if Paris wasn't happily flustered. Tsundere. Paris sure is not good at expressing her emotions. Sam thanked me and me walked towards her friend, Shela.

After changing, I got together with Venus, Mars, and Vulcan. I told them about what Sam had told me.

"Never thought Paris is Adonis, but Adonis is a mortal not a God. How could that happen, it makes no sense," Mars said.

Venus clenched her hands. I put my hand on top of her and gave her a reassuring smile. She must have been theorizing again. I didn't want her to keep everything to herself, especially if it's hurting her.

"As I thought, it might be revolving around me. Adonis is one of Aphrodite's lovers right? The only thing that is not making sense is that the target has changed. Sam's after Paris while Paris seemed to be shy around Sam. Vulcan and I are no longer together and-" Venus stopped then glanced at Mars and Vulcan.

"Vulcan seems to be swinging the other way too like us," Venus said, gripping my hand.

Vulcan blushed in which Masr teasingly planted a kiss on Vulcan's cheek. Something is off. Where the hell is the society? And, why are we meeting more and more of the reincarnated children, especially those who were involved with Aphrodite.

We went home shortly after. Inside the elevator, I cornered Venus and said, "I'm in love with you. I want us to officially date."