Me?

Author's Note: Okay so I'm changing it up a little, I based the adoptive parents on tony and pepper from Marvel's ironman avengers etc.  and do to copy rights and crap I really want to be able to explore their character's completely so, yea. And for those who aren't into Marvel don't worry this isn't gonna be based off of ironman's they're gonna focus more on Sam and her relationship with them, so while there might be a few terms and popups from ironman I woudn't worry about it much.But I guess the timelines are still important so, it's right after iron man 2 

Disclaimer: I only own my oc's

Tony's POV:

"Pepper," I whined. "Is this really necessary?!!?" She sighed and turned to face me with that 'I'm gonna kill you look' she has mastered over the years we've known eachother. "Look, I mean I know you want this but can't I just buy you a dog or something." She sighed again "Tony, you know this is something I've been wanting to do for awhile now." It was my turn to sigh. " Yes, but I just don't know," I thought carefully about my next words " I don't want some sticky fingered child running around my house, and what about my image I mean I am a famous inventor." clearly those were the wrong words because the stare was back. "Ok, fine but none under the age of nine." She smiled. "Deal!." 

We walked into the first orphanage suggested an hour later and walked out in about 5. It turned out to be an orphanage for children 4 and under. The next  orphanage was slightly closer to the city and not nearly as nice looking.

Pepper was the one to speak to the lady at the desk, "Hello we're here to adopt." The lady from behind the desk looked up, YIKES! She looked evil 'nough said . She spoke,

"Preferences?" Pepper glanced at me then back at the lady. 

"Umm, over  the age of nine." The lady looked between the two of us then yelled.

"SALMA!"  She yelled it so loud and her voice was so strangled I don't even know what she said exactly. We suddenly heard feet running down the stairs. "What do you want, Gurch" The child who couldn't be over 13 said. She was dressed in black yoga pants with a black shirt and a jacket, in none other than black. She had long brown hair and blue eyes. I stepped in before the lady, who I presume must be 'Gurch' could respond, i held out my hand. 

"Hi, I'm Tony and this," I said motioning to Pepper, "is Pepper." She smiled, atleast I think it was a smile it was so small and unnoticeable that if you looked away for even a second you would have missed it. 

"Hello," she said quietly then looked at the ground. Ms.Gurch began to speak, "I'm assuming you'll be leaving now." I stared at this mysterious young girl who looked as if she was hiding all the world's secrets in her head.

"We will, after we get an interview with this young lady." Gurch looked shocked, Pepper did to she was just better at hiding it. Then I looked at the young girl who was currently  showing the most emotion I had seen her use so far, her mouth was wide open and her eyes were saucers. Gurch had finally recollected her thoughts and said, 

"Interview rooms are that way." she said pointing down the hall. I started walking with Pepper and the girl in tow. We made it to the room and sat in the lounge chairs that were set up in a triangular formation.

"So, what's your name?" I asked easily, reclining in my chair. 

"Salma, but if you call me that I will,...anyways call me sam." I looked her over again and decided to go with the humerous aproach.

"Yea, I wouldn't like it very much either,... it sounds like....salami." Pepper hit me in the arm. And Sam stared at me but I swear I could see hope  in her eyes. Pepper asked the next question.

"So what's your favorite color?" This time me and sam both looked at her then at each other. I broke out into laughter and she smirked. Pepper continued to look confused.

"What, What did I miss? Oh come on guys we just met and you two already have jokes you're not telling me." I looked at her with fake seriousness then said, 

"Honey, I could be wrong," I looked at Sam, and said "and correct me if I am," I looked back at
Pepper and said "but, I think it's black." Pepper looked at Sam, and Sam stood up and spun around to show off her completely black outfit. Pepper's mouth formed into an 'o'.

"So Salami, What do ya' think?" She looked at me cautioiusly.

"One don't call me that, Two, That's it you don't want to grill me on my past?" I chuckled then respoded. 

"Did you really want me to?" She quickly shook her head 'no' and we left the room. Me and Pepper handled paper work with 'Gurch' while Sam got her things,and then we left. We all climbed into the car Sam with her stuff. I looked in the rear view mirror at my 'daughter' and smiled.

"You ready to see the house?"