Chapter 1

So here I am standing in front of the Massachusetts branch of Dad's company on this fine Monday Morning. I feel a bit nervous but hey I've just moved to another fucking country so who wouldn't be right? I send a text to my parents to let them know that I have arrived safely otherwise I swear to god those two would have someone hunt me down. Honestly I'm sure my parents have links to the secret service or something when it comes to my safety. I walk through the doors of the company and see a lovely receptionist whom I'm guessing is in her sixties, she smiles at me as I walk towards her and I return the smile. I introduce myself "Hello, my name is Lauren Wilson I was wondering if you could help me, I am here to see Daniel Freeman." Her smile widens and she replys "Hello, it is lovely to meet you Miss Wilson we have been expecting you. My name is Ann and I can certainly show you where Mr Freeman's office is." She walks me down a corridor and as we are walking she says "I hope you enjoy working here Miss Wilson, if you need anything at all don't hesitate to find me. "This warms me because Ann is so lovely and seems like the Motherly type. I say "Thank you so much and please call me Lauren." Just then we are at a door Ann knocks and walks in when she hears a mans voice say "Come in." There is a tall blonde haired man standing with his back to us making a coffee "Daniel I have Lauren Wilson here to see you." He turns to look at me and I notice his intake of breath but just as quickly a mask comes over his face and it has me thinking if I imagined it. Then he says "Hello Lauren it's nice to see you after all this time, please take a seat." God he has the such a sexy deep voice that goes straight to my Knickers. I take a seat cheeks slightly pink and say "Hi Daniel, yes it's been a while thank you so much for having me here."  He nodds then looks towards Ann smiling and says "Thank you Ann, were not to busy at the moment so if you want to take an hours break just ask Ella to take over reception while you are gone."  While he is talking I take a good look at him he looks even sexier than a few years ago his tall, with chestnut brown hair, deep blue eyes like the ocean and even though he has a suit on I can tell his body is still in great shape. The only thing that is different about him is instead of being shaved he has stubble and to be honest it suites him, It seems even though his older than when I last saw him he somehow looks even better! Ann brings me out of my thoughts by saying "It was nice to meet you Lauren I hope to see you around once you start working here." This makes me smile she is so lovely "It was great to meet you too Ann, thank you so much for your help and for making me feel so welcome, I will look forward to seeing you we should arrange to have dinner soon." Ann is very happy about this and says "Well Dainel is due to come to my house on Thursday for dinner with me and my family, you could come also if you don’t have any plans I'm sure Daniel won't mind right Daniel?" He shakes his head and says "No of course not, Lauren will be working here that day we can go home freshen up and make our way over if your free Lauren?" I smile nodding to them both "Yes that would be great, I don't have any plans but I do now." We all laugh and Ann leaves Daniel's office. "So let me make sure I tell you everything you need to know, so you start at Harvard tomorrow, I will give you a week to get settled here I've spoken to your tutors at Harvard and you will go there Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday then work here Thursday and Friday the hours you will be doing here are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and Hardvard hours will vary. This week you only have Tuesday and Wednesday at Harvard considering you only got here today. I have had a set of keys cut already for you so you can come and go from the house as you wish, your bedroom is upstairs it is the second on the right. I hope that will be ok for you I chose that bedroom for you because it has the biggest walk in closet and the only walk in closet with a dressing table and chair inside, if you don't like that bedroom you can always swap to the spare bedroom. All the bedrooms have their own bathrooms too, I wish I could show you around the house but I can't I'm afraid I have a meeting in ten minutes. Oh and heres my phone number, anything you need don't hesitate to contact me just send me a quick text so I get your number so I know when you phone or text me. Is there anything I haven't covered Lauren? Sorry if this seems rushed but you can text me anytime if you have any questions I will be happy to answer." He says smiling "Oh that's great and I understand you have a meeting honestly I'm thankful that you had this long to run through some things with me, so thank you and I think you covered everything." I say smiling, he reaches into the drawn inside his desk and hands me a set of keys for his house " Well we can have a good talk tonight if you'd like?" Smiling I say "Yes maybe I could cook a meal for you tonight as a thank you?" He shakes his head grining slightly and says "There's no need really but if you really want to do so then sure it would be my pleasure to taste your cooking, I will be home at about 6 pm."