12.

We got back from shopping and I had found a few nice things and Mum insisted on me buying a nice red dress to wear for tonight which I found weird because Sam was making dinner like normal. We sat our bags in the living room and Harry and Sam were just chilling in the living room.

"Hey, where's Tom?" I asked, taking my jacket and shoes off.

"I think Harrison called him. He's in his room." Harry said.

"Okay." I smiled.

I picked up my bags and took them to my room, passing Toms on the way.

"So she liked the present?" I heard a voice from Toms phone in his room.

"Yeah she loved it. I'm so glad I could find it." Tom spoke.

"You're so whipped, mate." His friend laughed.

"I'm not whipped, Haz."

"Yes you are. Like big time. Indiana Jones type shit."

I even let out a laugh at Harrison's joke.

"She's cool and smart and funny and nice and-"

"Hot? Stunning? Beautiful?" Harrison interrupted Tom.

"Well...yeah." Tom giggled like a teenager.

"You are whipped!" Harrison exclaimed.

I gulped before swiftly moving past his door and into my room. I closed the door with my bum and slid down it onto the floor. Tom thought I was smart and funny and nice and hot and stunning and beautiful and...
Does he like me? He can't! He's my boss!
He could though! I mean, what boss talks about their assistant like that?
But I shouldn't have eavesdropped.
But I did.

Ugh. I gave up with my overthinking and played my good mood playlist on spotify and took out the new red dress I had bought.

***

I was proud when I looked in the mirror. 2 hours were spent on my appearance this evening. I curled my hair (which took half an hour) wanting it down but then when I put the dress on I thought it would look better with my hair up so I put it up in a nice-messy bun. I put the earrings in that Mum gave me and put some nude stiletto heels on. I did some heavier makeup than usual, doing a smokey eye and a red lip.

 I spritzed my favourite perfume and finally turned off my music, hearing the music playing in the living room

I spritzed my favourite perfume and finally turned off my music, hearing the music playing in the living room. I grabbed my phone then left my bedroom and walked along the hall, the clicking of my heels made apparent on the wooden floor. I came into the living room and no one was there.

"Guys?" I called out.

"SURPRISE!" A collective scream erupted behind me.

I jumped and turned behind me to see the twins, Tom, my brother, my girl-friends from work, a few of Tom and I's mutual work friends and Oona and her boyfriend.