The Luna Lavinrac

Audrey awoke with her vision blurred, every breath she took made the insides of neck feel as if they were being ripped and sliced with blunt knives, her eyes struggled to focus on her surroundings and the confusion only made her breathe faster. Audrey winced every few seconds from the pain but as she tried to position her body to sit up, the pain grew immensely. Her back felt like it had been bruised all over and the slightest bit of movement would send shocks of pain up her spine, her vision began to muddle further as her eyes welled with tears. Audrey couldn't feel the soft white bed sheets under her and on top of her, she was unaware of the spongy smooth pillow laid under her head; all she could feel was agony.

She reached a hand out desperately for someone or something to help her figure out a way to put an end the pain, her hand wavered and was beginning to drop until someone caught it before it could even touch the white sheets. She blinked away tears to clear her sight, sitting beside her in a comfortably worn grey jumper with his ashy blonde hair was Charlie.

"Audrey? Hey, hey, it's okay." Charlie spoke in a soothing tone, his thumb stroking her hand with his forest green eyes widening.

Audrey managed to lift the corner of her lip upward into a small smile as she looked at him knowing he was her perfect embodiment of comfort and ease, she slowly opened her dry and chapped lips to speak but her attempt was met with sharp burning pain as she began to recoil. She shut her eyes hard, the pain carving its way slowly through her neck until tears started to flow from her closed eyes. 

"Nurse! Nurse!" Charlie cried out, he stood up and looked around to see a tall but slim man walking towards her.

Audrey opened her eyes, to see a glossed over version of a tall man with sunset orange hair. He didn't appear too slender or too athletic and had a smile that reminded her of Mr Harkness, his voice was lively and hopeful but also underscored with some form of grief. She could tell by the way his voice dropped every now and then, the cheerfulness quickly being shut out only to burst it's way through again.

"Miss Larson, is it?" He asked with a grin on his face, he walked to the end of the bed where a rectangular plastic box was attached and took a clipboard that was holding some documents out of it. As his eyes scanned the words written on the document, he made his way closer to Audrey. Her pain was almost put on hold whenever she tried to remain perfectly still, and so her eyes followed the tall man carefully while her body attempted to stay frozen and motionless.

"Well, now I see you are new here at this bloody awful school. You reckon they would teach you how to self heal properly before going into proelium classes." The nurse said, he rolled his eyes and glanced over at Charlie.

"Nurse uhh..." Charlie began as he looked for a name tag on the tall man.

"It's Joe" the nurse responded, a smile slowly growing on his face before looking back at the documents on the clipboard he held in his pale hands.

"Uh Nurse Joe, it's a long story but you see Audrey isn't supposed to be in Proelium until next semester. She was mistakably put in my class and well...she fought with William Kane." Charlie said as looked over at Audrey who knitted her brows before directing her gaze to the grey stone ceiling above her.

"That boy is bad news I hear. Ignis prodigies are known for being aggressive hot-heads, poor kids are coming in here with burnt this and burnt that because of them. But anyway Miss Larson, you've got me to give you a few helpful tips on how to speed up the healing process" Joe replied, he placed the clipboard down on the small desk next to Audrey's bed and looked around for a chair. He pulled the small wheeled chair next to Audrey's bed, facing Charlie who was on the right side of her, as he looked at the tear stains on her powdered and blackened face.