Pendant Passing

"William!" Nora cried as she ran throughout the castle hallways looking for him, she was frantically wiping her watery reddened eyes as she searched for her brother.

Kane didn't know who to talk to, his thoughts throwing memories of his father back and forth throughout his mind as he headed towards the caeli house room. He knew that he could only go to Charlie, there was no one else in the school who would actually understand him or let alone want to. He hurried throughout the hallway with his hands clenched into tight fists by his side, his skin beginning to heat up as Mr Harkness' words tattooed themselves onto his skull.

As he reach the end of the hallway and turned a corner, only a few minutes away from the caeli house room, he felt someone bump into him. His startled eyes fixed their gaze as he felt anger surging throughout his body and he saw the caramel coloured boy standing in front of him, "Zach" he hissed.

"Kane" he replied in the same rough and harsh tone.

Kane and Zach glared at each other for a moment, both holding their heads high as the tension between them intensified by the second. Kane smirked at Zach, remembering how he threw him to the ground only a couple weeks ago yet his mind was still conflicted with what Mr Harkness had just said him. His smirk began to falter and so he dropped his eyes to the floor, breaking the building tension between the two boys.

"Look, about what happened a couple weeks ago..." Kane began until Zach cut him off.

"Let me guess, Charlie told you to do this?" Zach huffed, his eyes still glaring at Kane.

"Actually he..." Kane started to reply, annoyance prominent in his voice.

"I can see you two are awfully close" Zach spat as he took a step towards Kane confidently, "but I didn't think a sixth year like you needed to be told when to act like a proper man".

Kane met his stern oak eyes and tried to control his quickened breathing, his hands aching and throbbing from the tight clenching of his fists that trembled by his side.

"What I'm trying to say is" Zach began, "You can apologise to me when I think you're actually capable of meaning it".

Kane couldn't hold it back any longer, he pushed Zach aggressively and lifted his fist up threateningly with his other hand tightly gripping onto Zach's school jumper. Kane watched him struggle under his hold as within a blink of an eye, he had pushed Zach's back against the cold stone wall with maddening fury apparent in his gaze.

"You want to talk about my capabilities?" Kane hissed, his fist quivering as he held it close to Zach's agitated face.

"You're a Tarvins, so I'm pretty sure you and your vile sisters have the same capabilities as your parents" a wicked smirk grew on his face as he continued, "where are your parents? Last I heard they were sent off to Musolar for murder!".

Kane could feel Zach struggling and trying to move under his forceful grasp until he suddenly stopped, his eyes shifted from frightened to shocked and confused as he stared at Kane with a frown on his face.

"What did you say?" Zach asked.

Kane's smirk began to drop as his eyes scanned Zach's bewildered expression, he stuttered for a moment until his eyes widened and glistened with realisation.

"They never told you, did they?" He said, his voice soft and concerned for Zach as he loosened his hold on him and dropped his fist.

Zach pushed Kane off him, perplexed by what he had said as he watched him take a step back away from him. He fixed and brushed off the creases on his jumper before looking back at Kane, who seemed somewhat repentant for the insult that had just left his mouth.