CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

.. DANIEL

Gianna and I made our way out of the premises solemnly and I appreciated her silence because my mind was in turmoil.

Leaving him back there didn't sit well with me. I can't stop worrying. My feelings for him seem to have intensified more after our fuck which is not strange, cause our bodies chemistry was insanely mindblowing.

"One would think after you two got to spend a night together, doing god knows what, there would be less of this." Gianna spoke up gesturing at my dull state.

She grabbed my hand halting my steps, forcing me to turn and face her.

"How was he?" I asked what I have been dying to ask since she took him back earlier.

"He is trying "

" I shouldn't have slept with him," I muttered surprising Gianna.

"You two had sex?" She screeched loudly earning a glare from me.

"I thought you just wanted to spend time with him." She accused lowly,

" That was the plan but...."

" You couldn't keep your hands off him," she finished softly with a knowing smile. I wanted to dispute her claims but then I realized she was right. I can't control my emotions around Liam and the truth is I don't want to.

What I feel for him is deep and pure. Something incredible is happening between us and I think I might be in love with him.

"I want him Gigi, so damn much, and I want him safe." I confessed frankly.

" I think he feels the same," she consoled. "He looked...just like you do now," she explained pointing at my gloomy face. "I've never seen you so smitten with someone, let alone an inmate."

"He is different," I argued.

"I am not judging, Danny. " And that was the truth. There was no hint of judgment on her face just concern which I appreciated. I smiled sadly at her, "I know."

"Be strong for him, this emotional wreck you are sprouting will do him no good. " She finished calmly and I knew she was right, I needed to be strong for what's coming.

"I can't wait to expose Kane and get all this behind us." I muttered angrily. She flashed deviously resuming our strides.

"Thanks for having my back, by the way, I owe you." I added expressing my gratitude but she just shook her in objection.

"I got you always,"

"You put your job on the line for me, that was selfish of me to ask." I whispered shamed-faced feeling bad for how I had acted.

"And I would do it again, because you are family, and I love you. And also because I am the one who owes you." She murmured surprising me since I don't recall doing her a any favors.

She must have seen the confusion on my face.
"Aft... after Matt died, you had my back. You didn't have to, but you did."

" About that..."

"You did it for Matt's sake, I know. But I..."

"Gigi..."

"Let me finish please, " she pleaded desperately and I let her. "Back then I was just Matt's gal and after his death, I didn't expect you to stick around, let alone help me rebuild my life. But you did, and God knows I could not have handled it alone. And for that, I will have your back for life."

It took me a while to think of an appropriate response. I knew from experience that Gigi didn't like talking much about Matt. So I did the only thing I could think of, I pulled her close and hugged her tightly. "I might have known you as Matts' girl, but trust me when I say that I love you for you. And thank you." I uttered slowly letting the words sink.