Chapter 9

edited 2021

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next day, Meera gave Minho the cold shoulder as they waited for Minseok to arrive. 'You did well,' Minho said, checking the table for traces of dirt with his finger.

Meera rolled her eyes and turned away from his petulant attitude. The doorbell rang and they rushed to open it. 

'It's my house,' Minho said, noticing her hand that brushed against his as they held the doorknob. 'Why are you so irritating?' Meera hissed, stepping back to allow him the honors.

'Minho, my brother!' Minseok hugged him after placing a huge bag on the floor. 'Hello, Minseok-ssi, how are aunty and uncle?' Meera asked in greeting. 'Hi, Meera. My parents are doing good,' Minseok said walking in with Meera.

'She knows mom dad too?' Minho surprised grabbing the bag from the floor as he walked to the kitchen glaring at Minseok who completely ignored him to chat with Meera.

'Were you comfortable here?' Minseok asked to which Minho replied 'Very comfortable, you should have seen the state of the house last night'. 'He is very picky. Don't mind him.' Minseok said, looking at an embarrassed Meera.

'Yaaa yaa... How dare you let just anyone use my apartment' Minho said settling on the couch. 'Meera isn't anyone. She is my senior's sister. That means she is like a sister to me.' Minseok replied. 'That's very generous of you Minseok shi, but I think he will be uncomfortable having me around.' Meera said, looking at Minho.

'What do you mean Meera, he stayed in a dorm with his boys. I am sure you are far easier to deal with than that chaotic bunch.' Minseok assured. 'Does the house owner have an opinion or not?' Minho interrupted.

'Yaaa you come here' Minseok took Minho out with him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

'Where is Minseok shi?' Meera asked, putting down her phone. 'He left, had some urgent work' Minho replied, closing the door. Now he knew why Minseok brought Meera to his place. 

He knew Minseok and Rohan were good friends during their high school and college. It would be very rude to not look after someone Minseok liked and on top, she would be safe here than at some random apartment with no security.

'I am sorry to have startled you last night. I will leave in a week.' Meera informed. 'You can stay, looks like my whole family approves you staying.' Minho replied. 'No, I don't want to bother you' Meera states. 'Then breathe less' Minho mocked.

'You know what? You are unbelievable. I try my best to be civil with you and you keep on pushing my limits. Can't imagine you are the charming Choi Minho' Meera fumed.

'Oh, so you do know me?' Minho asks, hearing the reply. 'I am not your fan if that's what you're assuming' Meera replies coldly. 

'I asked you if you know me, I never said if you were my fan' Minho fumed. 'That's why I mentioned assume. That's a word if you don't know.' Meera replied.

'You have some serious nerve to argue with people older than you' Minho said putting away the kettle with a thud. 'You were the one who started' Meera stated. 

'Yaaa just live silently. I can't bear with you. I am letting you stay as a favor to Hyung.' Minho yelled.

' I am waiting for this week to end, then I would never in a lifetime ask a favor of you ' Meera said closing her bedroom door. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

random but say SHINeee~