chapter 3: Magic?

You go up to your room with Nightmare's shirt and hoodie. When you go in you see him fast asleep so you put his clothing next to him. You sit next to the bed and take his hand before yawning. You were getting tired from dealing with Sans. You then fall asleep leaning on the bed frame.

-dream start-
You're on a black beach surrounded by dark waves and a sky that looked like it would rain. You look around and see a skeleton with pearly white bones and dressed in purple, his clothing had gold trim on it and on his head was a Crescent moon crown, his eyes were a lavender colour.
"U-um…. H-hello." You say and he jumps like he hadn't noticed you.
"Oh, are you lost?"
"I think so. I have no idea where I am."
"Well you're in the dreamscape. More specifically my dreamscape. I'm Nightmare, who are you?"
"I'm (N/N) and did you say Nightmare?"
"Yeah, I look very different outside of here. What brings you here?"
"Well you're at my place hurt. I guess I fell asleep leaning on the bed."
"You need to be careful with me. I might hurt you by mistake."
"I don't think you would. I know you're a good person."
"You don't even know me (N/N). How can you know that?"
"Everyone has good in them. I know you're good, you're too sweet. I mean look at you. And you're really handsome too. How could all of those things make you a bad monster?" His skull had a dark purple stained on it.
"W-what do you m-mean?" You laugh and walk to him before sitting next to him. You give his shoulder a small shove and he stiffens.
"Relax Nights. I'm not judging. Can I come here some other time?"
"That's not a smart idea."
"I never said I was smart. Only that I see the good in people. I need to wake up and check on the physical version of you." You get up and kiss his cheek. "See you around Nights." And with that you wake up.
-dream end- 

You groan and open your eyes. You were still leaning up against your bed. Nightmare was still asleep though. You smile softly at him and run your fingers across the back of his hand. He stirs and opens his eye.
"Hi Nightmare, how are you feeling?"
"Shitty. What are you doing here?" You cringe at the swear.
"I um… I brought in your shirt and hoodie. Also Sans was being a jerk, saying that you're bad. I don't believe it." You huff and cross your arms.
"I see. You don't like swearing much, do you?"
"Not really. My parents swore a lot and would often yell using them." You say with a nervous laugh. There was a comfortable silence before he speaks up.
"Why don't you think I'm evil?" You turn your head to see him with a cyan blush over his cheeks.
"Because instead of hurting me earlier when you woke up you just grabbed my wrist to get my attention. Also everyone has good in them. You just gotta look in the right place." He blushes more and you get up. "Are you hungry? I'm not the best at cooking but I'm not horrible either."
"That would be nice. Did you put my phone somewhere? I need to tell my friends I'm alright."
"Ah right!" You hand him the phone you'd taken out of his hoodie pocket. He gives you a small smile before you go downstairs. You start making burgers. Enough for all of you to be able to have enough to eat.
"(N/N) I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS HOME!" Papyrus yells as he comes into the house. "I HEAR WE HAVE A GUEST."
"Yep! I'm in the kitchen. I found him hurt and Sans doesn't seem to like him. He doesn't even know him!" You rant about the older skeleton brother. 
"HE IS JUST WORRIED ABOUT YOU. YOU DO NOT KNOW THIS MONSTER."
"I know his soul. It resonates with mine."
"IT DOES?!"
"Yes so I know there's good in him. Even if no one else can see it I can." You flip the burgers as you say that and Papyrus puts a hand on your shoulder. 
"DON'T BE TOO HARD ON SANS. HE JUST CARES AND DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO SHOW IT PROPERLY."
"He should still think before he says stuff though…." Papyrus hugs you and you sigh. "Keep the soul resonating thing between us? My magic is starting to wake up and Sans may freak out."
"OF COURSE. JUST PROMISE TO BE CAREFUL."
"Always am Paps." You say and turn the stove off before making up a burger for both Nightmare and you. You take your food upstairs to see him staring at his phone. "Nightmare?"
He jumps and turns to you. "Burgers?"
"Yeah. I figured it was a safe bet. Here you go." You hand him one and he carefully starts to eat it. You take a bite of yours and hum.
"This is good (N/N)."
"Thanks! My grandmother taught me how to make them."
"You're too kind, you know that?
"How so?"
"Why else take in an unfamiliar monster?"
"Why not?"
"I could hurt you."
"You won't though." He stares at you.
"You're annoying."
"Awwww, you like it and you know it." You tease. Suddenly your vision shifts to something different. 
"(N/N)?" You hear distantly.
"DREAM! SHE IS WAKING UP! THIS IS EXCITING!" A loud voice chirps. It reminded you of Papyrus in a way. Who is this? Who's being talked to?
"We can all see that Blue." A third voice says. You try to roll onto your not hurt side and gasp in pain.
"Hey, hey. You can't move right yet. Ink and I did our best to heal you some but you were hurt badly." You managed to open your eyes but had tears running down your face. You see golden eyelights of a skeleton but you didn't recognize him. He has a golden crown, a light blue short sleeved shirt that has white trim and a golden cape that was clipped with a star pin. He reminded you of the version of Nightmare you saw in the dreamscape. 
"W-who are you?..." you manage to get out. Your voice was no more than a whisper.
"O-oh! I'm Dream. We had to take you out of Underfell to treat you though…"
"You took me from my home?..." you ask scared. Papyrus was going to miss you. You can't just leave him!
"Hey hey. Relax. You don't need to stay here forever. We just need to make sure you aren't going to keel over and die." Another one says his face appears over Dream's shoulder. It was smudged with black paint and his eyes change every time he blinks. "I'm Ink. By your panic I take it you know about the multiverse."
"...Sans may have said something….. Damn I bet Pappy is worried sick about me…." you say as you force yourself up with a hiss.
"YOU KNOW RED?!" The third skeleton asked. 
"Red?.... you mean my Sans?.... of course. Pappy insists that I make him go out and do stuff…" you sigh and hold your side.
"You should Rest. Also this is Blueberry. I'm surprised you're friends with Edge- I mean your Papyrus." Dream says as he tries to get you to lay down again. Who is that? Not the Papyrus you know. You brush him off and get up. You notice the room was decorated in soft cream and golden decorations. 
"Where am I?" You look around for your hoodie but can't find it. "And where is my hoodie?"
"You're in Dream's castle. No one but us three can get here." Ink says. 
"Where's my hoodie." You look at the other Sans with a stern expression. 
"It's getting cleaned and patched up. I mean I could give you a new one if you'd like." Dream says and you look at him shocked. Your shoulder is shaken and you come back to yourself. 
Your bedroom door opens to show Sans and Papyrus. Nightmare is crouched next to you with his right hand on your shoulder. Sans looks so mad.
"What's going on here?" He says in a tight voice.
"Magic overload is my best guess. One moment her consciousness is here and she's talking to me the next she's slumped over with unfocused eyes." Nightmare says. You groan and press the heels of your hands to your eyes.
"Can you two not fight?... my head hurts….." a hand makes its way to your cheek and gently caresses the curves of it. You move your hand away from your cheek to see Nightmare looking at you.
"Not fun, is it? Well I can tell you, it will get easier if you learn how to use it." He says softly. You notice there's a purple tinted to his eye then and grin at him.
"Well, you'll have to teach me Mr. Know it all." You sass him and he laughs.
"Sure this miss sassy." You find it easy to interact with him.
"YOU TWO SEEM CLOSE ALREADY."
"Honestly Paps, it feels like I'm getting to see an old friend again. I really like it." You smile at the hurt skeleton and he blushes. Oh this will be fun.