chapter 5: Apologizing

You were cold and shivered suddenly you feel a bony hand on your cheek. It was warm and you lean into it. 
"(N/N)?" You hear a distant voice. Your soul flutters at it. Who was that? Suddenly you see Nightmare, the real Nightmare in front of you. 
"(N/N)." he says he looks worried.
"Nightmare. You're here? How?"
"I sensed your magic wandering and was able to get here because of that."
"Oh. It was like I was in another's mind. Watching things unfold."
"Another version of you likely. Any skeletons around?"
"An edgier version of the skeleton brothers and…. and your brother…." 
"Dream was there? In Underfell?" 
"I don't think so. It seems like where Dream is staying. The girl got hurt and Dream was taking care of her." You say and he sighs before holding out a hand.
"The others are worried. You got caught in a blizzard without the proper clothing. You've been out for a full day now. Everyone is worried. Take my hand. I'll lead you back to yourself. Your body is ready to wake up, it just needs you." He says. You grin and take his hand. You feel the whooshing of magic then you wake up.
You open your eyes and blink at the light. You get out a small hiss. Suddenly a boney hand is on your cheek and your face is turned and you see Nightmare looking at you with concern on his face.
"(N/N) you're awake."
"Y-yeah……. I-I'm o-okay……" you say with a shiver.
"I'm glad. But what were you thinking?"
"W-wasn't…" you say.
"Obviously you weren't. If you were you would've run to hotland." You move his hand away and turn your head to the other side.
"You don't need to remind me….. I never said I was smart….." you notice that you're in your room. He sighs and puts his hand on your shoulder. 
"I apologize. I never meant to upset you princess."
"I'm no princess…." 
"You are to me." You blushed and sigh. You close your eyes and roll on your side.
"Let me think…." you say. You were feeling pretty crappy.
"I know you aren't doing well. Talk to me. What happened?"
"I'm not talking about this…."
"(N/N). Tell me."
"No."
"(Y/N)."
"That's not what I go by."
"Come on. Talk to me."
"I said NO! Don't make me repeat myself!" You yell at him as you sit up and look at him. You start crying then and there's a knock on the door.
"(N/N) ARE YOU ALRIGHT IN THERE?" You jump up and run to the door. You open it and hug Papyrus around the waist. "(N/N) WHAT IS WRONG? WHY ARE YOUR EYES LEAKING?" You hide your face in his scarf.
"I-its nothing Pappy."
"YOUR EYES ARE LEAKING THOUGH."
"Paps…. d-drop it…. please….. w-where's Sans?...."
"HE… HE'S AT GRILLBY'S…. HE'S BARELY BEEN HOME…." You let go of Papyrus and go to your closet. You pick out some extremely warm clothing. 
"What are you doing?"
"I'm going to bring my friend home and to apologize for being mean to him." You say and go get changed in the bathroom. You go down stairs and grab a jacket, put your boots on, as well as your toque, scarf and gloves.
"LET ME COME WITH YOU." Papyrus says and you look at him.
"I need to do this Paps. You can come as far as outside the entrance but I need to go in by myself." He nods before picking you up. You hold onto his scarf. He walks to the bar and puts you down.  You smile at him before going in. All the conversation dies out when you walk in. You see Sans slumped against the bar. He was drunk and sobbing.
"S-she hates m-me……. s-shes been o-out cold f-for a full d-day now…." you sigh and hug your friend from behind. 
"I'm sorry Sans." You say and he jumps. He looks at you and you see translucent blue tears running down his face. "I said some really rude things to you then ran off like I did. I didn't mean any of them and I'm okay."
"H-how are you-"
"Papyrus carried me here. He's waiting outside for us right now. Let's go home and watch a movie, okay?"
"O-okay…."
"I'm sorry for this Grillby. I'll take it from here." He waves you off with a small smile as you help Sans out of the bar. Papyrus picks him up. "I can walk Paps. You focus on him." He nods and you all go home. After you get there Papyrus puts Sans down on the couch and you take off your snow gear. You notice Nightmare watching from upstairs before he goes back to your room. You could have sworn his eye was purple.