chapter 8: First contact

You grumble as Cross shows you to your room.
"You know I don't mind listening if you like." Cross says.
"Why won't he let me help him? It's not like I'm going to hold it over his head! I'm not like that."
"Senpai never really has liked help."
"Well I hate seeing him hurt…." 
"Well, all I can say is he'll open up eventually. He really cares for you. Just don't hurt him, okay?" You nod and he pats your head before opening a door. "This is your room (N/N) I hope you enjoy it here." He says then leaves you to look around. You find a lot of clothes that are your style. You sigh and lay down on the king sized bed. You crawl to the middle and curl up. You want to contact the other version of you so you reach your magic to her. Soon you feel her presence. You latch onto it and let your consciousness go to her. Nightmare had once told you that if an unknown soul projected the castle he would trap it there so you can project to her.
"Ah, you're here." You say and she whirls to you.
"You must be (N/N)." She says and you chuckle.
"And you're (Y/N). Nice to finally meet you."
"How are we talking? Dream sai-"
"I know what Dream said. You've seen stuff from me, right? That's why I'm coming to you instead of the other way around." 
"You contacted me for a reason, right"
"Oh, right! Sorry I get distracted easily."
"No need to apologize. I can as well."
"Okay, well the reason why I got into contact with you is to let you know that Nightmare is almost healed from that last battle with the Star Sanses. But…. that not the real Nightmare….. I know it. I've seen the real one this is jus-"
"A parasite." She says and you look shocked. 
"How did you-"
"I told her." Dream's voice calls out. You both look over to see him.
"This is mr. Positivity himself huh?" You say.
"I'm surprised you took the chance of coming here with him around you." Dream says to you. (Y/N) turns away from him.
"Yea- (Y/N). Are you alright?" You ask and she nods.
"Fine…"
"(Y/N)?" Dream says and she flinched.
"S-sorry… can we get to the point?...." (Y/N) says.
"Yeah. I need your help to bring the real Nightmare back. I need someone wielding both bravery and justice as soul traits to help."
"No way." Dream says and you turn to him.
"Excuse me?" (Y/N) says.
"You're vulnerable. I'm not letting you get in danger."
"Dream with all due respect I don't think thi-" you get cut off by (Y/N).
"You don't own me! You don't get to choose what I can and can't do! So stop acting like that's exactly what you're able to do! If you do that you're no different than anyone else!" She yells at him. She had tears running down her face but she didn't care. Suddenly the room looks like it's going to shatter. 
"(Y/N) I have to go. The connection is shattering. I'll get in contact with you again! Be careful and train!" You say before the reality shatters and you wake up.
You sit up and stretch. You groan and rub the soreness from your muscles. 
"Did you sleep well?" You jump and look at where the voice came from. You see Nightmare sitting on the side of your bed.
"I-I did. Why are you here Nightmare?"
"I was wondering if you'd like a bit of a tour."
"I'm still adjusting to everything. Maybe in a little bit."
"That's fine. Is there anything you'd like?"
"...are there any books I can read?"
"What type of book would you like?"
"Fantasy? I love interesting things."
"I'll find one for you then get Cross to bring it to you."
"Thanks Nightmare. But can you come here for a moment?" He moves to your side and looks at you. You lean up and kiss him on the cheek. His face bursts into cyan. "Even if I don't agree with what you're doing, I'll still always care." You say and he looked shocked. He then teleports away. You giggle and get up. You walked to get the stiffness out of your muscles.