chapter 9: Birthmark

There was a knock on your door and you walk to answer it. You open the door to see Cross there with five books.
"Morning princess~" he says with a grin and you scoff at him.
"I ain't a princess Cross. I told you to call me (N/N)."
"But it's so much fun to tease you."
"Oh yeah? Two can play that game Crossy~" you coo at him and he gasps.
"How dare-"
"Give me the books. I'll read them after I get changed." He sighs and you take the books. You close the door in his face then before you go and pick out an outfit. You start to get changed when the door bangs open.
"Princes-" you hear the voice of Dust. You quickly turn to face him with your dirty shirt held to your chest.
"G-get out…." you stutter.
"What's with-" 
"Get out! You yell and suddenly Nightmare is there.
"Dust, out before I make you the same as your name."
"S-sorry boss!" He says and runs out of the room. Nightmare sighs and looks to you before his whole skull turns cyan.
"I-I…"
It's fine Nightmare. You're the only one I don't mind seeing." You turn your back to him and he sees the birthmark on you back.
"What's that?" He walks over and puts his hand in the middle.
"Huh? Oh the birthmark. Humans get them sometimes. Lots of times they go away but mine just got darker."
"It looks like a magic circle with a Crescent moon in it. Are you sure it's not a tattoo or something?"
"I've had it as long as I can remember Nightmare. It's not a tattoo."
"Heh. You were made for magic then. Mostly support magic because of your soul types. They're kindness and perseverance after all. I could get Cross to teach you. I mean he does have Chara sealed in him."
"Chara?"
"One that tried to destroy a bunch of shit. It's a long story. But he's taken a liking to you. Dust has too but his attention…. it's not always good. He's a stone cold killer."
"Why do you keep him around then?" You ask and Nightmare sighs.
"You really don't get it." You look at him as you grab your shirt. He grabs you by the wrists and pushes you to the mattress. 
"N-Nightmare?"
"I'm a bad guy. I'm the big bad that everyone is scared of. I'm darkness incarnate. I'm everyone's worst nightmare! Why don't you get that?!"
"I know you're more than that." You say as you smile up at him. "I see that glimmer of goodness. You're hoping to find someone to save you. To find someone who'll accept you. Who'll love you no matter what. And I'm right here for you." He looks surprised and at the inside edge of his eyelight it shows purple. You smile when you see that.
He blushes and gets off of you. "Finish getting dressed. We don't want anyone else getting to see that. The others might not like it much. Especially Error." He says before walking out. You throw on the tank top that you had and change pants to shorts. You grab a blue button down before walking out of the room. 
"(N/N)." You turn to see Dust there with a purple blush on his cheeks. "I apologize for barging in. But I gotta know, what was on your back?"
"Just a birthmark Dust. Nothing more. It has no meaning." You say. You leave your hair down so no one can see the birthmark that peeks one the edges of your tank top.
"No meaning? Is that what Nightmare said?"
"To you it has no meaning. So don't push it." You say as you glance at him.
"What are you gonna do if I decide to push it?" You stop walking and look over at him.
"Excuse you?"
"I said, what are you gonna do if I decide to push it?" He walks closer to you and you back into the wall.
"Dust, go away."
"Make me." You notice the others were watching and Nightmare looked pissed. You glare up at him before rearing back and slapping him across the face. Everyone looks surprised, even yourself before you tear up. You push Dust away then take off towards where you entered the castle yesterday.