chapter 4: Fighting

It was five days later now and Nightmare was helping you learn about your powers. You were good with healing magic. At the moment you were sitting on Sans' waterfall  station. You were taking the day off from magic practice. You let your soul float in your hands. Half green and half a light purple.
"(N/N) you should put that away. Someone might try to steal it." Sans says.
"Oh come on. You aren't very humerous today." He lets out a chuckle. 
"Tibia honest I'm just thinking. I wouldn't fibula to you."
"Thinking about what?"
"Nightmare."
"What about him?"
"Why hasn't he brought his friends here and tried to hurt anyone yet?" You let out a low growl.
"Stars, Sans! Explain to me what you mean!"
"You wouldn't understand." He scoffs and looks away.
"No. You tell me why you think the nice monster that I know wants to kill us all!" You yell at him. He glances to you then away again.
"You wouldn't understand." He says and you yell.
"Ugh! You're unbelievable! I HATE YOU!" You scream before walking off. You had tears running down your face. He was such an idiot! Actually, if anyone was the idiot it would be you for letting him get you mad. You turn and walk back towards Snowdin. You weren't wearing warm clothing today, a skirt and a t-shirt. You had planned on staying with Sans all day but he'd been a jerk. You shiver as you walk through the town and wave at everyone. You start wandering the forest off the path but soon a blizzard starts and you get lost.
"Pappy? Sans? N-Nightmare?.... p-please…. s-someone h….. help…." you pass out after that.

@Nightmare POV@
I was healing well thanks to (N/N). She's very kind. Almost too kind. I was texting Error to make sure everything was okay.
Error: yeah, Killer and Dust keep fighting and shit.
Me: I'll kick their asses for it later.
Error: any idea what AU you're in?
Me: I think I'm in the Classic timeline. I've never been here before, so.
Error: makes sense. How long until you come back?
Me: a few days. I'm bringing a keepsake though.
Error: oh?
Me: a new pet. Classic will hate me for it but our souls resonate. It's actually nice.
Error: yet another play thing for you huh?
Me: yep. I'm gonna try to nap some. Let the others know and that I say they aren't to touch her when we get there.
Error: sure thing.
I turn off the phone and look at the blizzard out there. The door downstairs slams open.
"(N/N)? (N/N) are you here?!" Classic yells and I walk out of the room.
"Whatcha yelling for Classic?" I ask as I lean on the railing.
"Nightmare have you seen her?" He glares at me.
"Nope why?"
"She got mad at me and ran off towards Snowdin. She wasn't wearing proper clothing for her." My sockets widen and I take off running through town.
"(N/N)!" I yell as I run. "(Y/N) answer me! Damn it!" I yell then feel a tug on my soul. The forest? I follow the feeling and soon trip over something. Stupid bran- (N/N)?! I get up and walk to her and she's freezing cold. 
The true Nightmare was freaking out but I pushed him back down into his cage. I take off my hoodie and wrap her in it before picking her up in one arm. My left was still hurt but I still use it to steady her legs. I teleport back to the house with her. Classic, Papyrus and Frisk were all there.
"I found her." I say and they freak out. Papyrus goes and grabs a bunch of blankets before wrapping her in them. I put my hand on her cheek and she's still so cold. "Would a hot water bottle help her?" I ask and Frisk nods before dragging Sans to the kitchen with her. Stars, this is painful.

@Normal POV@
-dream start-
Dream looked like he was going to cry so she gets up and hug him. "You okay?" He nods and hugs her back.
"Y-yeah… just relieved…. I was the one fighting him the day you got hurt….. I thought I might have dusted him…." She hugs him tighter. 
"You didn't. He's alive. But do you want to tell me the story with him?"
"Sure… I'll clean your wound too." She sits on a chair next to the bed where a Papyrus and a Sans were sitting. Dream grabs a first aid kit and kneels next to her. "So, you want to know about my brother…. well when we were younger he didn't look how he does now." As he starts talking she sees what looks like a movie playing on the rat wall. It showed Dream, without his cape running and jumping on another skeleton. It was the Nightmare you see in the dreamscape.  "We were the guardians of the tree of feelings. I was the guardian of positivity. He was the guardian of negativity. The people of the village were less fond of him…. they were horrible to him…. I didn't notice any of it…." the images change as he's talking and cleaning the stab wound she has. She winces slightly and he shoots her an apologetic look. "So soon Nightmare decides he wanted to take care of one of my apples to show he was good but positive stuff can so easily turn negative…. people start calling him an abomination and stuff like that so he eats all of the apples of negativity….. that's how he got how he is now…… I couldn't save him from running into the anti void…. I couldn't help him at all…" Dream finishes wrapping her wound. "There we go. It's looking bett-'' she hugs him as tightly as she could and knock him over. She was crying and presses her face against the cloth of his shoulder. 
"I-I'm sorry t-that happened….. t-to both o-of you….." she feels him start to shake from tears too and she starts rubbing his back. "Sans Pappy. I'm gonna stay here a while longer okay? I'll be home before you know it though so go home. I'm safe here." She looks over to see Sans nod and Papyrus looking troubled. "Really Pappy. I'm safe here." He sighs before walking out of the room. Sans follows after a moment. She helps Dream up and over to the bed, she lays next to him and cuddles with him to help him relax.
-dream end-