chapter 6: Panic

It was evening now and Sans had sobered up. You two talked about what happened yesterday. He forgave you and was glad that you were okay. You come in with a bowl of popcorn. Papyrus puts on a movie when suddenly there's an aching in your soul. You gasp and clutch at the middle of your chest.
"You okay kiddo?"
"I-I need to check something…. s-start the movie without me! " you say and run up the stairs and into your bedroom. The lights were out. "Nightmare?" You ask and there's a whimper. You turn on the light to see his arm all cut up and bleeding. "Oh my stars! Nightmare what happened?!" You run over and he flinched away.
"G-go away…." he says. You note that his eye was mostly purple with a cyan ring around the pupil. 
"No way. Now let me see." You notice he had tentacles coming from his back and them covered in his liquid magic. "Did you do this to yourself?" He looks away from you and you gently take his arm. He flinches but you hold it tightly. "Would you rather I get the others here?" He shakes his head and you look at his arms. "Crap Nights…. I can't help you with these….. they're too deep…. we need to go to Alphys." He shakes his head.
"N-no…. I deserve this….." 
"You are going and that's that. Don't bother running." You go back to the door and stick your head out. "Guys, Nightmare and I have to go to visit Alphys for something. We'll be back soon." You go back in your room and see that Nightmare's eye is back to pure cyan. "We're going. Grab your hoodie and let's go." He nodded and does what you say.
You take his left hand and close your eyes. You feel warm then and open your eyes. You're in hotland in front of the lab. You drag him forward and pound on the door.
"C-coming!" You hear Alphys say. The door opens to show Alphys in casual attire with her lab coat on. "O-oh (N/N) and N-Nightmare…. why a-are you-" 
"I'll show you when I'm inside." You pull the two of you inside and she follows.
"W-what's going o-on?" You grab Nightmares right arm and pull up the sleeve and she gasps. "Oh my stars! T-those are bad! Let me take care of them. C-come with me!" She leads Nightmare off and you sit down with a sigh.
"Well that's unexpected." You jump at Sans' voice. 
"What the crap Sans?! You scared me!"
"Heh, sorry but what happened to him?"
"I don't know." You say as you pace.
"I don't believe that."
"Well I have an idea but have no clue." You pace more.
"(N/N) you'll wear yourself out if you keep this up." Sans says. 
"Sans, he tried to hurt himself! We need to get him home. Nightmare needs to be around those he trusts right now and the only one here who he trusts is me."
"So you're just going to let him take you?"
"He's not taking me. I'm going with him."
"What about all of us? You're just going to leave us?"
"It's not like we wouldn't be able to see each other ever again. But Sans, he's important to me." 
"Aren't we?"
"Of course you are but you aren't the one I'm in love with!" You yell at him. 
"Well that wasn't something I was expecting." A cool voice rings out. You turn and you see Nightmare with some bandages on his right arm. "You love me huh?"
"W-well why wouldn't I?" You say while turning your head away. 
"You know I'm not all you think I am." Nightmare says. 
"I know what I see is in there. I'm not giving up on you. Please, take me to your home. Let me be with you." You plead.
"Well, your wish is my command." He grabs your hand and your vision goes black.