chapter 12: Day 1

The next few days go by fast. We roughed up your clothing to make it look like "you" had been beaten on here. You hadn't been though. You were treated with the most respect anyone could give you. (Y/N) walks into the room then
"Hey. How do I look?" She says and we all gasp.
"If I didn't know who was who I'd mistake you in and instant." Ink says.
"Good." (Y/N) says then go over to Dream before giving him a huge hug. "I'll be back before you know it." 
"Stay safe. And if you need help." He holds out a pen. "It's a tracker. If you need help press the button and I'll be able to find you anywhere. And to actually use it you turn it."
"Thanks Dream." She says and kisses him quickly then leans to where his ear would be. She whispered something and he nods. She turns to Ink then and he leads her through a paint portal.
Dream starts getting anxious then. He paces the whole garden until Ink returns. "How did it go?" He asks and Ink holds up his hands.
"Classic found her. He'll take care of getting her to Nightmare." 
"You think he'll fall for it?"
"Of course he'll fall for it. Nox is a bit oblivious. He still doesn't know I talk to the actual Nightmare." You say and sigh. You missed him.
"How does he seem when you talk?" 
"Well enough. Worried about your brother, huh?"
"OF COURSE DREAM IS. AND FOR (Y/N) TOO. NIGHT- NOX ISN'T VERY FORGIVING." Blue says. You sigh and look at the Swap Sans.
"I know…. he invests in my wellness though. I don't understand why though." Your magic picks up that (Y/N) and Nightmare had made it to the castle. "Ah, they're home. She's a good actress. Unless something happens she should be okay."
"Let's hope that they're oblivious."
"The three you need to worry about finding out are Nox, Cross and Error. He's not to eliminate 'glitches' like her." You say.
"Oh, Error will be easy to distract." Ink says 
"Whatcha gonna do, hate flirt with him?" Red says after popping up.
You sigh and get up. "I'm going to the training room. I need to keep sharp after all." You walk to the training room. You take a piece of chalk and draw a circle and start to practice spells. After a few hours you go to your room and rest.
"(Y/N). Are things okay?" You reach out to (Y/N).
"So far so good. He doesn't even suspect that I'm not you."
"Good. And the others?"
"Cross is making food for me and the others didn't really seem to care."
"Three days. You just gotta keep them thinking you're me for three days. The spell will be able to be performed then."
"Just the necklace around his neck right?"
"Yeah. I'll do the rest."
You close your eyes and fall asleep. That night you couldn't get much sleep. You kept thinking about Nightmare. You missed him. It was over a week since you'd gone to his dreamscape. Was everything okay with him?
You sigh and get up. You start wandering around the castle you were in. You soon find the library and go looking around the books.
"(N/N)?" You hear Dream say and you turn to look at him.
"Yes Dream?"
"Why are you up? It's late."
"I couldn't sleep."
"Why not?"
"I was thinking…." you trail off. 
"Would you like to talk about it?" You sigh and look away from him.
"The dreamscape. I can go to Nightmare's. I've been multiple times. It's been awhile since I was there though. It worries me."
"I bet it does." He says and puts a hand on your shoulder. You sigh and rub your eyes.
"I love him, Dream. He's in pain though. I'm not sure what I can do."
"You're very kind. My brother is lucky to meet you." He says and you look over at him.
"You're kind too. Do you mind if I ask why exactly things went how they did?" Dream sighs and looks away.
"Its because I was stupid and couldn't see what was going on. He ate the black apples because I wasn't there."
"He doesn't blame you." Dream looks shocked. "He told me so. He said that he adores his precious brother more than anything and that he was the absolute best." Dream starts crying. You hug him and he clings to you.
"I-I miss h-him…."
"I know Dream. Two more days though and she'll be back."