𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

madelyn

It's a sunny day on September 22, 2020, the day before the release of Enola Holmes. My dad being one of the producers on set got an invite to the premiere, of course. I never really wanted to go, being very shy and being in the spotlight just wasn't my thing but after hours of bugging me, I said that I would go with him to the premiere.

I only ever talked to two people while on set, Millie and Sam Claflin. Originally I just wanted to get a signature from Sam since I was such a huge fan of him but accidentally bumped into Millie on the way.

Millie was very welcoming and friendly, she let me stay with her in her trailer while doing school work and just talking about stuff that we would want to happen in the future.

While I wouldn't really do anything on set but help with hair and makeup I would stay in my father's trailer while they were filming. I helped a lot with the extras on set but never with the mains.

Anyway today was the premiere and I just didn't want to leave my bed, I wanted to sleep in but my dad would kill me if I did. I really don't know why he just didn't go with my mom and leave me at home, I mean he already has someone he was bringing so why did I have to go.

I rose from my bed hesitantly and made my way to the bathroom, it was currently 11:30 and we had to leave the house at around 3:00 so I had a bunch of time. I brushed my teeth and washed my face then headed downstairs for brunch? 

I don't even know I take my meals at very different times.

To my surprise I saw Jaeden with my parents, we go way back. My dad produced one of his movies so I talked with him a lot on set. He's the most down to earth person I know.

Running towards me with open arms and a big smile he engulfs me in such a tight hug that I don't even think I was able to breathe.

"How have you been? It's been forever" Jaeden asks me, I think we last saw each other around January, it was his birthday so of course I had to be there.

"I'm doing good, how bout you?" I say with a wholehearted smile.

"I'm fine" he says, smirking. 

Jaeden changed so much from when I last saw him, he dyed his hair blonde which made his green eyes pop out more, he's way taller than me because from what I remember we were the same height the last time.

"So, are you excited?" Jaeden asks me heading towards the kitchen, me following.

"Well I'm not really comfortable with the whole picture taking things and having dozens of cameras with flash in front of my eyes blinding me so-" I was cut off by his laugh, his smile just makes me smile for some reason. I don't even know what I said that made him laugh but I laugh with him anyways.

"Well you could always skip the red carpet" Jaeden suggests,

"Yeah but I asked my dad and he said no, well it's not like I'm an important person anyways, I'm just the daughter of the producer" I answer with a smirk.

We talk for a while until my mom bursts in the kitchen telling me to get ready and for Jaeden to go to the guest room and dress up too. I really didn't know why Jaeden had to come, I mean not that I'm complaining I just don't want to be in an article where people assume that I'm in a relationship with him. 

I've had a handful of hate comments on my instagram posts from girls saying that I'm a hoe since I'm friends with a lot of actors that are my age even though I truly am just friends with them but we all know how dangerous the internet is.

I go to my room and start getting ready, I don't want to draw too much attention so I'm going with a simple navy blue cocktail dress, not revealing, just the right amount of skin and a pair of silver heels. 

I love doing my makeup but I don't really feel like doing anything big so I just do a basic look with a nude lip. I wear a star necklace that my mom gave me and some earrings that I got from Jaeden for Christmas. 

He got me these beautiful moon earrings knowing how much I love the moon and it's stars. I got him gold cufflinks since he wears a lot of suits for premieres, I just want to know if he'll wear them tonight.

I look in the mirror just fixing my appearance and making sure I look ok for the cameras, as much as I don't want to care about what people will think of me I just don't want to bring shame to our family name.

 My mom's a world renowned model and me being the daughter, I'm expected to follow in her footsteps even if I didn't want to. And my father being really big in Hollywood producing a lot of big films such as a number of Marvel films and movies with Adam Sandler.

 So I fix my hair just leaving it down curled and fixing my dress I head downstairs and wait to leave.