𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

I was tucked into bed last night like a little kid by Louis however I don't remember him leaving. I can only hope he wasn't caught by my parents but considering they haven't barged into my room all angry I think we're safe.

I have to get to the recording studio today, my producer said that since he had already finalized Addie's album he now had time for Olivia and I. I haven't been to the recording studio in a while and that's why I'm too excited that I didn't stay at my bed for too long. 

It's currently 9:00 a.m and I have to be there by 10:00 so I'll probably just pass by a bakery store and by Cal and I some food to be energized for the rest of the day. 

Cal's recording studio always felt so homey to me, he loves plants so every corner of his room has one and his dog is probably one of my favorite pets that I've ever met.

She's a German Shepard with brown and black fur and she's very sweet. She loves to lick the food out of your hand and rest by your feet and when you don't give her attention she'll jump onto you so you can cuddle her.

I've always been more of a cat person but Cal's dog was an exception.

I'm out of the house in 30 minutes and texted my parents because they're too hungover to process when I excused myself just before I left.

Knowing Louis he's probably still sleeping by now so I just text him a simple good morning and started the car. I know this amazing bakery that sells the best bagels just 10 blocks away from the recording studio so I'll probably just pass by and buy two to go. 

And a coffee, I badly need one. 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Awwww Hi Baby" I woo as Jem jumps unto me making me drop my bag and the food. "You've grown bigger" I note as I pat her and grab treats from my bag. I always bring some when I go here. 

"I can give her some right" I ask Cal and he nods with a smile as he watches from the door. I lay out the small dog bone treats on my hand and as always she licks them off as I pat her head. 

"You know out of you, Olivia and Addie you're the only one who can manage Jem. Olivia's okay with her but Addie cannot handle big dogs" Cal says as he walks over to us and grabs a couple of treats to feed as well.

"That's good to know?" I answer unsure but it does make me happy that I have a close connection with Jem.

"So are you ready?" Cal asks, helping me up to my feet and grabbing my bag for him.

I nod as I bring Jem along with us to the recording room. What's cool about Cal is that he has his recording studio in his home and his recording room is the biggest one. There's a keyboard, several guitars and my favorite the electric drum set because Cal said and I quote, "If I were to get a regular drum set I know you would not be productive because you have the attention span of a goldfish" he compared to me a goldfish since they have the shortest attention span and he went on for five minutes explaining why.

He's a huge science nerd, loves physics. I can't count the amount of times he did my homework for me. 

"So—" he starts a little jumpier than normal, "I went on a date last night"

"Ooooohh" I retort, taking my jacket off. "Who's the lucky girl?" I ask as I take my place in front of the drum set.

"I met her last weekend at an event held by my manager, her name's Jane and she has very beautiful hair may I just add" he hands me his phone and shows me a picture of this very gorgeous woman with dark luscious skin and he hair is just wow.

"Uh-uh no way you pulled her"I shake my head taking in how beautiful this woman is I mean it really amazes me how much gorgeous people are out there.

"I did" he smiles snatching the phone out of my hand, "And I have another date with her next week"

"I'd love to meet her and tell her about your science addiction" I joke and take the drum sticks from its container. 

"By all means, she's as much as a nerd as me" he answers and I drop the sticks by surprise looking at Cal. 

"Promise me you will never let her go" I say and he just nods and waves me over to the mic room. "Okay let's get to work" he rubs his palms together as I pull the headphones over my head. 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Mady" Cal comes around me as I pack my notebook back into my bag. "Are you in love?" he asks and I drop my bag in surprise.

Startled I bend down and pack all the stuff that fell back into my bag. "Uhm what makes you think that?" I ask and I can feel Cals gaze on me as if I'm a crazy person. 

I don't know why I can't just tell him, he's been such a good mentor and producer my whole life that telling him would be easy. But at the same time I'm scared of his judgement because growing up as an only child I always saw him as a big brother. 

"Last time you were singing about being a teenager and being single and being heartbroken. Now you're singing about dates and feelings and it's just new to me Mady that's all." he says helping me up once again. "I don't write your lyrics" 

I know he doesn't and if he noticed it there's no point in denying as well. "Fine" I groan falling back to the sofa. Jem jumps up and rests her head on my lap as Cal stands before us with his arms crossed. 

"I am" I admit and smile creeps into his face, the same on where we were discussing the girl he met. "It's Louis Partridge, he's friends with Millie and my dad worked on the set in the movie he was starring in. I got to know him in the premiere when I practically fell into his arms then we went on a date then it all started from there" 

Cal looks like he's about to explode from excitement and I couldn't ask for a better reaction because this ones amusing. "Mady" he squeals, "You're in love" he teases and pushes me up from the couch as he dances me around, jumping up and down. 

And although it takes me a while I jump around along with him happily. 

Love is beautiful.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

A.N. My single heart cant take this man.