𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

madelyn

I woke up to the sound of my parents singing me a happy birthday. Never enjoyed it, they always woke me up at an unreasonable hour that I've debated over the years.

"Happy Birthday to you" They both sang and held the mocha birthday cake before me, a candle burning on its side waiting for me to make my wish. 

What should I wish for? There were a lot of things I wanted, money maybe?

No I've asked for that before, never got it.

The candle was still burning and I knew I needed to make a wish before it burns all out. The thing is I didn't know what, who I wanted. 

So instead I just blew the candle and wished for happiness. 

You can never go wrong with that wish now can you?

Both parents clapped and I just smiled a little before pulling the thick cold blanket over me. I needed a few more moments in bed before getting ready for the day. 

As soon as I heard them close my bedroom door I grabbed my phone from my side table and went through my notifications.

I smiled reading the greetings from my friends, they greeted me through the different group chats that I was in. Although we haven't been talking much lately I was happy to know that they were still there.

More to say I'm excited to see them this evening.

After thanking them all I checked my instagram to see their same greetings as well as people who follow me, I guess they only know me because of my parents and friends but either way I was happy.

Millie posted the most horrible picture she had on her phone of me. It was the one from the roller coaster in Six Flags that I absolutely despised. I was lucky enough to have hair covering my horrendous face, I expected Millie to do this. I wasn't mad at her, I'll get her back.

Finn and Jack posted the same picture except Finn cropped Jack out and Jack cropped Finn out. These two. It was funny though, this was at the first premiere and we were so young. I was still taller than them at the time so I had my hands pushing both their heads down. I was still taller than Jack, he only reaches my shoulder.

Jaeden posted a picture of me which surprised me a lot. We haven't talked in a while yet the message that accompanied the photo warmed my heart. We had gone on a "date" that was originally so I could help Jaeden. My dad had arranged it since he found a perfect audition for Jaeden that played a role of a guy in love. I had to help Jaeden be more comfortable and I'd like to say I did a good job.

So the photo was me on a ferris wheel, with him the moon right behind me. He knew how much I loved the moon and stars so the message,

You shine as bright as a moon in the dark, bringing light into everyone's life. 

Happy Birthday Madelyn!

I shared every one greeting back to my story including from some more friends. I had a few "fanpages" but I didn't like referring to them as fans, it just doesn't seem right.

Yet despited these numerous greetings I haven't gotten the one I wanted. I though he'd be one of the first peoples to greet me. Maybe later?

No, what if he's mad at me. That could be a possibility, well could it? I don't recall doing anything to piss him off so for whatever reason he hasn't greeted me yet must be an acceptable one. 

Maybe.

It took me a while but I was finally able to get out of bed and brush my teeth along with my hair. My parents were waiting by the living room and on the coffee table a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Filled with carnations, roses and Hawaiin Hibiscus'