𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

madelyn

My parents gave me one last tight hug before I left for my party. This was going to be the first time in where they won't be supervising and I couldn't help but thank them over and over again.

Millie threw me a reassuring glance as the driver pulls up to the restaurant. Judging by the looks of it no ones there yet since we are early yet I still feel a bit of anxiety as I hop down the vehicle.

I adjust the body suit and wait for Millie to join my side. I say thank you to the uber driver before he leaves. Millie gently hops in a playful way as she walks over to me, excitement washed over her face.

She seems more excited than me and I have the birthday.

Her hand swoops down to hold mine and in a flash I am being pulled forward with her strength towards the restaurant.

My parents had rented the whole restaurant for my birthday. Said that it wasn't that big of a deal since it's pretty easy to get considering who they are.

Millie opened the door for the both of us.

It's dark when we first enter, I can barely see anything.

"This is pretty weird" I whisper to my side, "Aren't there supposed to be waiters here already?" I turn to look at Millie but she isn't there.

"Millie" I call out but I get no response. I reach for my phone and open the flashlight looking around for the light switch. Carefully walking towards the switch I open it only to be surprised.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADY" Voices scream in unison and I turn on my heels to see everyone including Millie holding up balloons by a small stage in the center of the restaurant.

That's were she went.

Everyone comes running towards me and I brace myself for the impact of the hugs. "Thank You" I croak out and try to wrap my arms around them. I fail of course, they're a lot.

"Ok guys I need air" We all laugh and immediately I spot Jaeden. He's the first person I run to hug and he immediately wraps his arms around me. "I'm sorry" he whispers and I just hum in response.

'At least you're here. I thought you'd bail" I say and hug him tighter.

"I would never do that to you Mady" he answers back as his arms unwrap around me. He holds me by my elbows and stares me down. "You're my best friend"

I smile, he called me his best friend. I guess that settles our argument then. He's my friend and that's all I needed to hear from him.

I look around the room and my smile drops. He's still not here and although I want to deny it I really do want to see him. Part of me wants to see him because I miss his face and his laugh, his smile, his hair, his arms wrapped around me, his accent that never fails to amuse me. The other part is because I want to tell him how I feel, how I feel about his smile when he looks at me. His laugh when he finds my jokes funny, his stories that I can get lost in for hours. How I feel about him.

But now that he's not here I don't even know if he feels the same way.

Suddenly someone stops me from my thoughts and I see Finn with Jack holding up to paper bags. "Happy Birthday" they say at the same time. From their stance to their hair I could mistake them as twins.

I thank them both and bring them in a quick hug. "It means a lot to me that you're here"

As I break away from the hug behind Jack and Finn are two girls I never thought I would see again. I knew I invited them but I didn't actually think they'd come.