𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

madelyn

The afterparty was held in a ballroom at a hotel which was pretty grand. It was victorian themed from the furniture to the attire of the servers.

Louis separated from me, he said he would go to the bathroom first so I looked for a table.

There was once right next to what I think is a dance floor, it's unoccupied and so I just sit there.

I examine the room to try and find Millie or even Jaeden but they're nowhere near.

Then as I look down at my phone I can see his footsteps near me, "I got you a drink"

"What's this?" I took the glass from his hand unsurely.

He shrugged his shoulder upwards "I think its punch, it was already in the glass next to the punch bowl" he says, pointing to the direction so I could see.

I placed the glass on the table behind me, "Thanks" I say, taking a sip before placing it down.

Louis takes a seat in front of me and just as I'm about to start a conversation someone calls my name.

I immediately recognize it from the tone to the pitch and so I stand up from the table, opening my arms for her to jump in.

"O my God Millie! You were amazing in the movie" I say as I wrap my arms around her and she hums happily in response.

"I'm glad you liked it" she says and breaks the hug. She looks behind me, a confused expression when she see's Louis.

"I see you've already met Louis" she giddily observes.

"Well I might have to steal her for a while" Millie says and in an instant she grabs my wrist pulling me with her to the dance floor. "Feel free to join us" Millie tells Louis before fully leaving him alone.

She moves us both the very middle and as I look around almost all eyes are on us. The person in charge of the music notices that people are in the mood the dance as he changes the song to an upbeat one. I recognize it, I think it's by Calvin Harris.

Millie starts moving my arms and more and more people start to join us, "Loosen up Mady no one cares. Just you know have fun"

It takes me a while but before I know it I'm already dancing on my own as Millie starts to dance with Finn instead.

I excuse myself with Millie who seems to be having a lot of fun with Finn and walk over to Louis grabbing his wrist like Millie did to me and bringing him to the dance floor.

"You look like a mannequin" I insult but he just stands there again with no motive whatsoever to dance.

"I don't like to dance" he excuses but I don't give in.

"Too bad" I laugh before taking his one hand and twirling him around.

I don't stop until he starts to be more comfortable and when he does God is it a sight to see.

It's just now where I recognize the song from, I think it's from that one Delena scene in The Vampire Diaries, what I would give to experience it.

Louis starts rocking his head and I do the same, we're both laughing from how pathetic we probably look like.

We didn't care, we were having fun.

Then out of no where I feel him place his arm on my waist, pulling me in closer to him, his body, his aura.

I join in, wrapping my arms around his neck.

It doesn't take long until our faces are inches away from other but we didn't mind.

He rocks my body to the same beat as his, his grip on my waist tightening ever so slowly.

"I didn't know you could dance" I say in disbelief.

"I tend to surprise a lot of people with my talents" he flipped his invisible long hair and laughed.

"Oh really? What other talents do you have besides being a natural flirt?" I ask sarcastically.

But he doesn't answer.

Instead he just pulls me closer to him, our noses quite literally touching as he stares me close in the eye.

I can practically feel his breath on mine and it's taking every nerve and bone in me to not lean in.

As his eyes stare into mine and his hands guiding my waist to rock with his, this was like a scene out of movie.

I was having the time of my life.

His right hand is suddenly on my face. Tucking my hair behind my ear as he gently caresses my cheek.

One wrong move and his lips are already on mine.

Never mind let me rephrase that, one right move.

"This is it" I think to myself, inching in closer until—

"Sorry that's my mom" I apologize, grabbing my ringing phone and leaving Louis alone on the dance floor.

"Lets go Mady" my mom shouts through the phone and as I check the time I'm already 30 minutes late. "I'm by the entrance"

Shit, that mean she saw everything happen.

I try to find Louis so I can at least say goodbye but as I look around he's nowhere to be seen.

Deja vu.

My mom is already smiling by the time I get to her and I have a very slight inkling on what she's about to say.

I get inside the care first and my mom says the first words,

"Getting comfortable with Partridge eh?" she says as she nudges her elbows by my side.

"WHAT!" my dads voice shouts, surprised with what my mom had said.

I sent my mom and glare and answered my dad, "We were just dancing dad"

"Still I thought I told you no boys till 18" he answers in protest

"Dad I'm literally turning 18 by December"

"Yeah and wait until then" making my mom laugh from his comment.

"Your dad doesn't want you to date yet because he doesn't wanna lose you to another guy" my mom says giggling making me laugh a little.

"I didn't say that" my dad said obviously offended by moms comment but he knows she's right

"Dad it's fine we didn't even do anything" I assure and he just nods and drives us back home.

And when I get a notification from my phone I'm beyond happy.