𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF SELF HARM AND SUICIDE

madelyn

I forgot how fast time can go. 

All the things I said I can finally do will start tomorrow. 

When I'm eighteen.

I always romanticized being older and having more freedom. But if I'm being honest, looking back I had more freedom than I do now. 

So if I were to have the ability to talk to my younger self I would tell her to enjoy.

I now understood why my parents would always tell me to wait and why on movies older siblings would tell their younger ones to not be so keen on growing up. 

Cause it's not everything you imagine it to be. 

Nonetheless in less than 24 hours I would be 18.

If I was in the U.K. I would be able to drink for my birthday but considering I'm in an uptight country at the moment I wouldn't be able to that. 

Not that I haven't of course. 

It's just I don't think the restaurant would serve us drinks. It didn't sadden me that much I mean drinks were just an addition the fun.

I debated with myself if I should spend it in my parents garage or in a restaurant. If I were to spend it in my parents garage they said they would leave for the time being and come back the next day.

Yet I can still feel a sense of restriction if I were to spend it here in my home. 

So I went for the restaurant. It would be more classy I guess.

Only few friends were invited of, Louis, Millie and I begged Jack to force Jaeden to come. I didn't want to have any burdens before entering my adulthood. 

God just thinking about being an adult scares me.

Aside from them I invited a few of my friends from the recording studio. They were the only ones who knew about my contract and how I have a couple of singles stored in my producer's hard-drive. Olivia and Addie. 

They were the first friends I made when I got here.

Millie invited her friends and by that I mean the Stranger Things cast. Jack said he'd try his best to get the IT cast included since I knew most of them.

Either way I wouldn't mind if they didn't come, I was just really hoping one specific person would.

There were still somethings I wanted to before I turn eighteen and as I look at my watch I have exactly three hours.

I guess I can do one thing, which is the most important one in my opinion.

So I pick the first coat I see in my closet, and only grab my phone and wallet. My shoes were by the door as I got downstairs and my parents were already sleeping. 

I've snuck out a couple of times now and I've been lucky enough to not get caught.

The car keys are in my pocket and the drive to target was only 10 minutes. The drive however to a secluded area which I already had in mind would probably be 30.

My parents are deep sleepers, I have nothing to worry about.

So wasting no more time I started the engine and drove to the first destination.

I played a very specific playlist, it was inspired by the tunnel scene in The Perks of being a Wallflower. 

And so i played it at the highest sound, the music blasting through the speakers and for a moment I felt calm.