⁂⸸ Prologue ⁂⸸

~ An: Sorry I know everyone is waiting for a new update, but I am just editing and changing some things in the story after properly looking at the storyline. PLEASE FORGIVE ME ~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

FINNS POV

Besides the random noise from the fire, all that surrounds me is silence, I sit here getting lost in nostalgia, surrounded by familiar family huts, ones I grew up in with my 6 siblings. Getting lost in thought as I stare deeply into the fire wishing I had run straight away when I was woken up with this curse instead of sticking to a silly promise, one I wasn't even there to agree to but made to promise to it either way. Yet here I am in my void, that is what I call this place, somewhere I am cursed to be until someone takes out my bloody dagger. I would have gone insane or given up if it were not for my saviour, my angel.

"How are you today fin?" A familiar angelic voice asks me calmly but also startling me as I had not seen nor heard her come into my void. I turn and stare at Adaline Rose (or Angel as my family and I had named her) as she continues to stare into the fire. Every time I look at her, I thank all the witches for the blessing they had graced my family with. This angel who always checks in on them; on him. She had been there when I felt alone growing up when my older sister was taken from me, Angel was there. When Henrik had died, Angel was there. When Mikael and Esther had killed me, Angel was there. I was always grateful for her visits to me when I was human, but I am more grateful for the visits now, as I am stuck in a state with just my mind due to my bastard of a brother and his cowardly ways. Angel always made sure I did not go crazy and told me everything that has been happening in her world or who Niklaus has chosen to dagger in his anger or loneliness.

When Angel had first ever appeared to me and my family, I was worried and wanted to inform my 'mother', but something had stopped me, something in my mind telling me to not say anything, and I am so glad now I had listened. After being with Angel for an hour I knew she was someone special, someone who would help my family, she would be the loving, caring mother, sister, and best friend we had all yearned for. My real mother Esther was a horrible person; she just cared for how others saw her and was only caring in a crowd of people never when she was alone with her kids.

"I am not bad today Angel; I am slightly more forgiving towards Niklaus today then I was yesterday" I reply with slight humour. She gives me a ghost of a smile, but I can see the sympathy in her eyes as well love and care. "How are you Angel? What is happening out there in the world?" As soon as I ask, she gives me such a big smile getting ready to tell me all the new stories she has about where she is from, The Enchanted Forest. I have never heard of it before Angel, in fact no one in my family had, but the funny part was that she had never heard of the world or the places in it, not England, Rome, New Orleans, New York, Australia, Germany, India. She had not heard of any of them, so it is truly a story when she tells us her adventures of a place that does truly sound magical and like a fairy tale.

"OH Finny! It is so crazy right now. First that stupid cow Milah decided she does not want to be a mother and runs off to some pirates! Lucky, I found her before Bae and Rumple woke. I was so mad at her I told her she was a coward and a horrible mother. She was trying to seduce the pirates to take her, but I would not allow it, I sneakily did a spell to give her warts and boils all over her face." She has the biggest smile as she continues her story occasionally taking a break to laugh at her own humour. "Then! Then! I yelled angrily 'Milah you have a son at home who needs you and you are choosing to run after some fantasy that I promise you will come back and bite you in the bottom'. Oh, Finny you should have seen me. I was scaring all the pirates with my yelling."