⁂⸸ Chapter 4 ⁂⸸

Charlotte Gilbert POV

~ Lockwood Mansion - Homecoming ~

Standing near the drinks as I 'chaperone' the homecoming dance. I don't even know why I am here; I just felt this urge to that I needed to be here and I followed it.

Standing alone surrounded by drunk teenagers who are oblivious to the fact that the supernatural surrounds them, the hybrids that I can sense all around the house, the vampires all of which I know are huddled together most likely creating a new plan to take down someone who has not attacked them, but yet when Elena feels threatened or she is unhappy there goes her little followers agreeing to her every word.

You would think because of who I am that Damon, Stefan, Caroline and Bonnie would actually listen to me, hell even Alaric. Damon as much as he denies his feelings for my sister it is obvious and she has him under a weird spell, its almost like he is sired to her at times, Damon is so far up Elena's ass that he does not realise all the love he has around him if he just stopped listening to her. I saw a sliver of change when he would hang out with Rebekah but who knows where she is gone, one minute she messages me saying she is getting ready with Elena (which hurt because yet again Elena is chosen over me.) and the next radio silent.

Caroline and I used to be really close, but her and Bonnie really just are my friends in private, they say they don't want to deal with the lectures they would get from Elena if she found out that they hang out with me, but I know they listen to what I say. Bonnie is harder to get to listen, she is like Damon in the sense where she is just so up Elena's ass looking for approval she has sacrificed so much and I don't think she has really had anytime to fully process it. Stefan feels the connection with needing to protect me, but he also loves to listen to Elena. Recently since his humanity has been off he has been around me more because well he does not care what Elena says about who he hangs out with, but with his no humanity I am noticing the bond between him and Caroline which I don't think anyone has noticed before.

But that is what I do, I observe, because I am the friend that people need or want behind closed doors, so it gives me time to notice all the things happening around me. Like for instance how Elena cries about how bad her life is yet does not even take the time to ask her friends about theirs who have it worse. Lets start

Bonnie, mum left when she was younger and dad travels, was left with her Gran until she died helping Elena's precious Salvatore brothers. Her ex boyfriend Jeremy cheated on her with a ghost of his ex girlfriend. She is constantly used for her powers and if she is not needed she is tossed aside.

Caroline, dad left when she was younger, mum absent a lot, she died and became a vampire, mum disowned and only recently started to accept her. Her dad tortured her when he found out she was a vampire, and none of her friends seemed to care, Damon abused her when he came to town and none of her friends seem to remember nor care, she was kidnapped and tortured by wolves and blackmailed by Kathrine. She is unloved by the group and constantly wants to please everyone but gets walked all over.