Nine: Remember Without Seeing

"That makes no sense."

Ella looked up at the brown eyes in front of her, and tears filled her eyes. "What do you mean? I really tried," Cedric Diggory sighed deeply as the girl practically cried.

Percy Weasley frowned when he heard a Slytherin who was friends with his twin brothers needed help with all of the subjects and denied the request to tutor her, and apparently he told Snape that Penelope, his girlfriend and a Prefect as well, will not help Ella study either, but he would see if he can find someone who would tutor her.

Cedric Diggory was happy to help.

"Ella, you scribbled numbers."

"Right, they all make sense," she nodded.

"We're studying Charms," Cedric stated.

"And these are the physics behind Finite," she pointed at the paper. Cedric scratched his head.

"If it is, then it's brilliant, but you need to practice casting it," he explained. "Not the physics behind it."

"Okay," Ella drew her wand from he boot, and it slipped from her hand, shooting upwards and purple sparks flying around. Cedric caught it hurriedly, and she grinned as he handed the wand back to her. "You have good reflexes, you should play quidditch."

"I am playing quidditch," he grinned, amused. She smiled, though rather bashfully, and blushed lightly.

"Oh, well. Good. Which position?" she propped her chin on her hand, and watched him for a moment.

"I'm a seeker," he stated. "Do you play?"

"No," Ella admitted. "My gig is numbers," she explained. "I never even went to a match. And Madam Hooch never let me fly on a broom because the one time I did I flew straight towards the Whomping Willow."

"I do remember that," he laughed. "I almost forgot you and I started going here the same year."

"My pain is amusing to you?" she asked, a hand on top of her chest. "I am very offended, Diggory. I suffer from trauma from brooms, you know that?"

"You were fine," he laughed. "Madam Hooch spelled your broom and you flew right back to us."

"But I fell from the broom."

"A few meters," he added. "Fine, okay," he sighed. "Try casting Finite, and then come with me."

"Okay," Ella sighed. Her eyes turned to the paper where the motion behind it was explained, by her, and she nodded to what she already knew. "I'm ready."

"Yeah?" he asked. "Alright, good luck!" he threw a book in her direction, and she-unsuspecting- yelped in surprise, but hurriedly called.

"Finite!" And to her surprise, the book bounced back to Cedric's direction, and he stepped out of the way hurriedly.

"You did it!" he cheered happily. "Great!"

"That was my first actual charm," she said in surprise.

"What?" he wondered.

"I mean," she tucked her wand into the boot again, and walked closer. "I mean, I've been casting very few spells, and they're all related to my baking. I've never managed to cast anything. I mean, even my Lumos is bad."

"I find it hard to believe," Cedric started, but she drew her wand out and simply said 'lumos' to have a stuttering light come to life, before flickering and disappearing. "Oh, well. We will work on that. But first, let's go."

"Where?" she whined. "I want to nap."

"You won't," he assured, grabbing his bag. He reached out a hand and smiled. "You trust me?"