Thirty Eight: Endless Supply of Oranges

Loud snores filled the air around them, and they all glared at the dark haired girl who was drooling on the red haired's shirt.

"Shut them up, Nic," a woman begged, rubbing her eyes.

"Let them snore," Nic sighed. "The dragons are gonna start making noise any moment now," he checked his watch, and true to his word, barely a moment later a loud growl was heard, followed by three other growls.

The dragons were awake.

Charlie Weasley flinched away, traumatized from dodging firey breaths, looking around in surprise.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," Nic threw a balled up paper at him, "I was just about to come and kiss you."

Charlie blinked blearily, before looking at a very peacful Ella, whose snores were almost as loud as the dragons' on going roars.

"We're just pissing them off by keeping them shackled," Charlie rubbed his eyes. "Poor champions, eh?"

"Wake her up already!" the woman called in annoyance. "Her snores are loud!"

"She's at least a bit quiet now. Are we really ready to hear her speaking about quantom physics?" Nic questioned, and Charlie laughed before licking his own finger and sticking it in Ella's ear.

"STOP IT!" she suddenly called. "KODA, GO AWAY!" she slapped Charlie's hand, who shrugged, pulling out his wand.

"Rictusempra," he said simply, before Ella giggled. She opened her eyes, unable to stop laughing at the tickling charm, and she grabbed Charlie's hand.

"St-stop it!" she laughed. "I can't--"

"Finite Incantatem," Charlie grinned. "Good morning sweet-cheeks."

"Fuck you," she still was chuckling, and shook her head. "What's going on?"

"The first task is starting in less than an hour," Nic informed. "You two slept through the day, lazy butts."

Charlie and Ella exchanged a look, and Charlie whispered in her ear. "You know I don't date, so I don't know flirting, but is Nic flirting with me?"

"He's into you, Charles," Ella said to the man.

"Let's both hit on him?" he smiled, and she winked.

"Let me start," but before they could get up Nic threw a couple of oranges at their faces, and Charlie caught his own with the insticts of a seeker, while Ella ducked so it wouldn't hit her nose, but it simply hit her forehead. "OW! Nic!"

"Shut up," he said boredly.

"You're mean."

"You are," Charlie agreed, casting a spell on the orange to peel itself. "Look at us, just a couple of nice buds, and you bully us," he sighed. "Really mean boss."

Ella used the same spell on her own orange, as Charlie started eating his own levitating pieces of orange. "I'm almost into you with how mean you are to me, Nic."

"You're the weirdest person on Earth," the woman sighed at Ella, who winked. "You--"

"Lads, listen up," Mr. Crouch came up. He looked quite thinner than three weeks earlier, and his eyes were sunken suddenly, with prominent bags under them. "The order is as that; Cedric Diggory is the first one," Ella held her breath, "he's got the Swedish Short-Snout," Ella nodded to herself. The Commom Green Welsh was the best option, with it being a subdued breed in comparison to most, but as long as it wasn't the Horntail, it wasn't bad. Sure, the Short-Snout didn't have many deaths under its belt, with usually preferring to live in the wilderness, but it was still a very dangerous species; its fire was blue and known as one of the hottest any dragon can produce, and it was very agile in its flight.