Forty Seven: Our Last Happy Place

"I'm hungry."

"It's two a.m."

"But I'm hungry."

The two sat together on a couch in the Hufflepuff common room, both reading their own books. It was the weekend before th last task, and Cedric tried to keep up with both his exams and the upcoming challenge of the maze, while Ella was attempting to understand something about thermodynamics that made Cedric so confused he almost cried just from hearing her speak about it.

"But we can't go out," Cedric said softly, placing his book down. "And I don't want to."

Ella placed the book on her lap, looking at Cedric with a small smile. "Let's not then," she agreed, grabbing the fleece blanket that was on the table in front of them, folded neatly and smelling like it was fresh out of laundry. She covered them with it and snuggled closer. "Let's hide here."

"When will we get up?" 

"Never," she replied certainly. "We'll stay here forever, and nothing will ever make us leave, and no one will ever find us."

"We'll stay here until we're skeletons covered in a soft blanket," he agreed, placing his head on top of hers, making her lean into his shoulder.

"And our tomb stones could be inscribed with 'died because they never wanted to leave the couch'."

"And each other's sides."

She shifted even closer to him, but didn't say anything, simply holding his hand.

There was only one place she wanted to in for the rest of eternity; by this man's side.

::

"Amos!" Ella called in glee as she entered the chamber, Cedric right behind her. "Sabrina!"

"Ella!" Amos replied with the same level of enthusiasm, hugging her tightly. "Hey son!" he greeted as he released her. 

"Sabrina!" Ella smiled wide as she turned to her, and the woman grinned so wide it almost hurt her cheeks, hugging the girl.

"How was your engagement gown then?" she questioned, "liked my choice?"

"You knew?" Ella wondered, looking between Cedric's parents.

"I had no idea," Amos shrugged, while Sabrina laughed.

"Of course I did, why else would I choose what looks exactly like a wedding gown?" Ella turned with a scowl to look at Cedric, "he didn't tell you he was planning it?"

"No," Ella frowned. Cedric stepped closer, and hugged her to his side. 

"See, I was--"

"ELLA!"

"CHARLIE?!" Ella whipped around to see the second oldest Weasley brother standing by a man with an even longer ponytail, and who seemed like their mother. "BESTIE!"

"YES!" he called right back, and the two jumped up and down together, gripping each other's arms. 

"You're here!"

"Nic sent me off because he's sick of me."

"You became me?"

"I did!"

"AHHH!" the two screamed again. "You used the alien butt line yet?"

"Everyday. Just used it on Bill over there," he pointed at his older brother, who was frowning. 

"Well, but is his butt really out of this world?"

"Hold on, congrats on the engagement, this time face to face!" he cheered.