Thirty Nine: Mermaid Dreams

"THAT'S IT!" Nic exploded. "GET OUT!"

Charlie and Ella exchanged a glance, both soaking wet. They both lowered their wands, and Nic turned to watch the sleeping dragons. Minutes after the first task was done, the dragons were put to sleep to stop them from suffering. But the moment the dragons were put to sleep, Ella and Charlie already directed their wands at each other and started throwing spells at each other (it started with Ella getting even for the previous tickles, when between laughs Charlie casted aguamenti). 

"Which one of us?" the two asked.

"BOTH!" Charlie frowned. 

He looked at Ella, and she shrugged. Charlie already sent a letter to his mum, and Cedric was in the champion's tent, so both of them really had no better thing to do.

"I say we go and continue out epic war."

"You know what I say?" Charlie wondered, and Ella raised an eyebrow, before he directed a spell at her. She moved to the side hurriedly, and a rock turned spikey.

"The sea urchin curse?" she asked, "are we in an all out war?"

"Yes."

"Glacius!" Ella cried out, and Charlie's hand froze over before he could properly move away. "HA! How does that feel, Weasley?"

"Not great," he muttered, using bluebell flames to unfreeze it quickly. Nic shot at them both a jet of blue sparks, and they squealed as they both dodged. They ran closer to  the enclosure, that was now free of people, and while Charlie used the dancing feet charm, Ella used the cheering charm, and left Charlie in hysterics.

"GREY! WEASLEY!" they both turned to see Snape walking over. "Stop at once!"

"Sorry sir!" She grinned widely, "I was practicing because you made me sit out the duel club two years ago."

"And you just reminded me why." He sighed. "Hand me your wand, Grey." She frowned, but looked down at her trusted piece of wood. "You will get it back for classes on Monday."

"But..." she looked at it sorrowfully. "It feels wrong?"

"Dueling with an adult on school ground doesn't?" He raised an eyebrow, and she sighed, handing him the wand. Her hand felt vacant and cold with the wand in another person's hand, and she shuddered a bit. Snape seemed to resist a shudder himself as he placed the wand in his pocket carefully. "I'll give it back when I see fit, Grey."

"Sure, sir," she mumbled, and Charlie shrugged as she turned to him when Snape was far enough away.

"He'll give it back soon, and then you'll be all happy again, kid." Ella nodded, sighing.

Out of the champions tent suddenly came out Crouch, followed by a still ointment covered Cedric (it turned into an orange-y color, and actually seemed quite "icky"), and Ella smiled widely, barely even looking at the golden egg in Cedric's arms (later, when she was in his dorm room, she definitely did not ignore it, and whispered "shiny" a few times while admiring it).

"Hello Handsome and Handsomer," she greeted, and Crouch fixed his posture even further.

"I do hope I am Handsomer," he winked.

"Why, of course, Barty dear. Look at Diggory with his orange painted face."

"A dragon burned my face," he objected.

"And whose fault is that?" Charlie and Ella asked creepily in sync, him stepping up to rest an arm on her shoulder.

"The Goblet of Fire's," Cedric replied certainly. The two exchanged a glance, before turning to Crouch, who nodded.