Twenty Three: Medal

"Cedric?" he was greeted by a surprised voice. Cedric Diggory smiled at the woman in front of him. Her complexion was a bit warmer in colors compared to her daughter; while her daughter was a bit paler, her skin held warmth to it, and her eyes were a soft hazel.

"Hello Mrs. Grey," he said simply, nodding with a smile. "I suppose Ella told you she's going to stay at my house for a few days?"

"Oh," she seemed surprised, and looked to the inside of the house. "Actually, no," she replied. Her lips were painted crimson, and a line was drawn over her eyelids softly, and Cedric supposed she's doing this first thing when she wakes up everyday, judging by the fact he's never seen her without make-up, even when he and Ella were sitting in the kitchen at five a.m. and she entered in her bath-robes.

"Oh, well," Cedric seemed at loss, before Ella's mother stepped back, and Selim appeared by them.

"Cedric!" he called in glee, gesturing for him to come inside. "Come in, come in. Ella is sleeping in, but go and wake her up. I heard you're going to the World Cup, right?"

"Yes, Selim, sir," he almost stuttered. Everyone called Selim by the honorofic of Baba, and he wasn't sure if it's fitting for him to call him that, but he knew he had to show respect to the man.

"Go on, then! Go to her room, and then come sit with us. Elise, could you make us tea?"

"Tamam, Baba," she said simply, and turned to the kitchen.

Cedric walked up the stairs to Ella's room, and when he opened the door her couldn't help but laugh at the way she was splayed. Her head was hanging off the bed, with her left foot hanging out the other side. She was mumbling something about 'give me the ice cream or die', and he walked closer, moving a black strand of hair from her face.

"El?" he called quietly, and she released a small snore, turning around, her head returning to its place on the pillow. "El, baby, come on. My mum's excited about meeting you."

"I need the cocoa stone to save him," she muttered, and he laughed, placing a kiss on her cheek. "No, only Ced," she pushed him off. "My cheek is his."

"Babe, it's me," he laughed, and she nodded.

"Yeah, I know, Koda. It's you," she mumbled. "Give me the stone, I need to save Lord Marshmallow."

"What the hell are you dreaming about?" Cedric laughed, and poked her randomly a few times, before she finally opened her eyes to scowl at him.

"Ced. What the hell are y-- CED!" she realised, and shot up to hug him. "I missed you!"

"School ended a week ago, babe," he smiled, and hugged her tightly. "But I missed you too."

"Why you here, Ced?" she yawned, moving back. Cedric rolled his eyes at her.

"You said you're coming to my house. Selim seemed to know it," he informed, and Ella looked deep in thoughts for a moment, before she nodded.

"Yes, I recall now." She hugged him again. "Okay, go away. I'll shower and then throw some clothes in a bag and be down in two shakes of an owl wings."

"That's not a real... no one's ever said that. Ever."

"Go down already," she scowled, and he laughed as he stepped out of the room. Ella yawned, and stood up as he closed the door, and he grinned to himself.

She was mental.

He made his way down to the living room, where Selim peacefully drank from the small cup of tea. Another cup in the same size was awaiting Cedric, with two sugar cubes on a small plate under the cup.