Twenty Two: Big Brain Energy

Ella didn't wait a moment to hear Sirius and Remus, who were no doubt about to thank her, judging by the hug she's been awarded by her second favorite professor, and rushed out of the hospital wing.

"El!" Cedric called to her from the grand staircase, making her stop as he rushed towards her. Snape glared at the two, but didn't dare say anything. "Where were you? How was detention?"

"Oh," Ella suddenly realized just how much happened in mere hours, and how hard it'd be to explain all the details that led to the fact Sirius Black exited the hospital wing with a wide smile on his face at that moment. "Is that Black?"

"Yeah, err," she looked at Sirius, who walked towards her. "I need to see Hagrid. Buckbeak was executed last night, and he was all alone until now. Wanna come with me?"

"I'll follow you anywhere, El." Cedric smiled as he grabbed her hand. "But seriously, why is Black leaving the hospital wing with Dumbledore and seemnigly walking right to us?"

"Ella," Sirius grinned, exposing yellow teeth. "You really helped us. Not when you showed up with Snape, but who knows how the night would have ended without your help."

"Sure, Black," she grinned. "Anytime you need to be proven innocent."

"I think I'd like to meet you again in better cirucmstances. Is that your boyfriend?" he asked, looking (a terribly confused) Cedric up and down.

"Yeah, Cedric Diggory," he introduced, trying not to freak out and reach out a hand for the convicted murderer to shake. Perhaps not convicted anymore? He really hoped Ella would explain soon.

"I'm Sirius Black," he introduced, before turning to Ella. "Well, Dumbledore won't allow Harry to live with me, but Harry'll probably visit, and you're more than welcome too."

"She snores loudly," Cedric warned, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "I wouldn't reccomend sharing a house with her."

"My dorm-mates never complained," she stated, confused.

"I asked Pansy, she puts a spell on you." Ella frowned.

"I snore?"

"May I ask how you know such an interesting piece of information, Mr. Diggory?" Dumbledore asked, and the boy blushed.

"He spent Easter at my place," Ella said. "Cedric, stop being weird. They'll suspect us."

"They'll suspect us because you just said that they'll suspect us," Cedric said.

"No, they'll suspect us--"

"You know that we can hear you?" Remus asked, joining the group.

"You really can't."

"Ella, stop, you're... something," Cedric shook his head, taking his arm off of her shoulder. "Should we go to Hagrid's now or... do we stay with, well, whatever that is?"

"Hagrid's," she whispered back, though everyone heard the exchange between the two. "See you around, Big Padfoot," she bid farewell from Sirius, as she learned that was his nickname. "Professor Moony," she winked at Remus.

"Bye Mini-Prongs, I'll miss you dearly," Sirius said, wiping a fake tear.

If only, Dumbledore mused.

::

Hagrid's big tears ruined the cupcakes.

Of course, Ella didn't actually care, because she only tried to cheer up the half-giant. Cedric didn't know what to do either, and the two ended up telling horrible jokes, that made Hagrid laugh just barely.