Forty One: Blood

so a tv installer that was here just now, used to work with me at the restaurant, and i was kind of weirded out by how this world is so small and i keep meeting people i know somehow in different situations

idk

::

Ella wasn't used to feeling jealous.

But when Draco Malfoy said her name, she realised she had no idea what they were speaking about. She blinked away from the entrance to the great hall, her eyebrows still furrowed as a moment earlier, when she glared at Fleur heatedly while she was speaking to Cedric.

"Why the blasphemy so early in the morning?" she wondered, clearly hinting she was a divine being of a sort and that they shouldn't say her name for no good reason.

"It's dinner, Grey," Malfoy rolled his eyes. "Besides, we were finising the argument from before about which Professor would be the best muggle-- I reckon you were right, McGonagall would learn quickly how to work everything out-- and then carried on to who would be the best muggle in Slytherin. You."

"Why?" she wondered, glancing at Cedric's smile as he spoke to Fleur. Why must she be so pretty?

"Why? Ella, you're basically a muggle with a pure blood."

"I don't understand," she said blankly.

"Can you imagine yourself, like, working at a supermarket? Because we all can."

"Your point?" she questioned, glaring heatedly at the entrance. Fleur was laughing, and her hand touched Cedric's shoulder. She trusted Cedric blindly with any girl, but Fleur was a part Veela, as Cedric told her-- she can't compare with a creature that is literally known for practically hypnotizing people with their beauty.

"Fleur!" a voice suddenly thundered, and the Slytherins turned to look in glee.

"Weasley and a veela, gonna be funny!" Draco snickered, and Ella frowned. What came over Ron that he strolled right to the middle of the circle that surrounded Fleur?

"Why don't you go to the ball with me?" His voice resonated, and the group of Slytherins looked in fascination. They were suddenly very glad they chose to sit at the far end of the table (Ella was going to sit as close as possible to Snape, when Zabini grabbed her arm and asked "haven't you been punished enough for the year?") and were so close to the entrance.

The look on Fleur's face was of disgust and pity and she looked as though she was completely over the fact people talked to her based on her looks. But, Ella mused, she was probably working her charm on Cedric, and it worked on Ron better.

She smiled to herself, Cedric didn't lose it in the face of a part-veela.

It seemed that his deed and its meaning, at last, dawned on Ron and a look of horror twisted his face, making his take off hurriedly.

"Weasley hasn't got a date, I'm shocked!" Pansy snickered. "Freckles, red hair, bad with girls, must be a Weasley."

"Charlie and Bill can get it any day, Pansy, careful with your words," Ella smiled, at ease finally as Cedric smiled awkwardlt and walked away from Fleur, stopping by Ella. "Hello my dear boyfriend, how's your day been?"

"Next time you see a girl talking to me, and see me looking awkward, you're more than welcomed to play the jealous girlfriend."

"You seemed kind of happy, babe," she shrugged. "Wouldn't say you looked awkward."

"Ella," he huffed.

"I mean it. You looked very happy, almost happier than--" she glanced around, "you know what, I'm not finishing that sentence in front of minors." She suddenly stopped talking as she turned to look at Malfoy.

"Ella?" Cedric asked as she fell completely silent. "Ella."

"Malfoy," she spoke up, making the boy stop eating.

"Yeah Grey?"

She gripped the end of her wand in her boot, ready to pull it out. "Why the fuck would you assume I'm a pure blood?"

Malfoy's pale face paled further. Crabbe and Goyle exchanged a look, and the trio was silent as they looked at Ella. She glanced between them, and stood up hurriedly. "I'm gonna go to Divination class for detention," she turned to look at Cedric. "See you later babe."

"You okay?"

"Perfect," she grinned at him, hurrying off.

"You bloody idiot," Crabbe hissed at Malfoy once Cedric stepped away.

"You're calling me an idiot?"

"I bloody am!"

::

Draco Malfoy grunted as his head hit the wall, and blinked in surprise at Ella Grey's face.

"Grey?"

"Malfoy."

"What the hell are you doing--"

"What's with the comment about the pure blood?" she pushed her wand into his chest, and he tried to retreat further into the wall. "Malfoy, speak up, I made sure we're all alone," she continued rather softly, and he breathed deeply.

"Ella, I don't really know your blood s-s-status," he stuttered as the wand pressed a bit higher, into his throat. "Look, look, let's put the wand down and speak peacefully."

"Speak. Up. Malfoy," she hissed, brown eyes shining dangerously. Her face, usually smiling and holding slight blush, was pulled into a sharp frown and almost void of color, aside for the dark brown in her eyes and her lips, that were pulled into a threatening scowl of a sort.

"Ella, Ella! All I know is that your parents were in my parents' side!"

"What the fuck is that side?!" she asked, "heterosexual? Speak like a normal fucking human being. You know who my father is?"

"No!" he almost yelled. "I know that they were with the death eaters! That's all I know!"

She tucked her wand back in her boot, stepping back. She always knew her mother wasn't a good person, and that she never loved anyone who was a good person, but this was a different kind of knowledge to have.

Both of her parents were bad people.

It had to be that way, she looked at Malfoy. Was Malfoy a bad person? And his family?

Was she a bad person?

She looked down at the floor, before looking back at Malfoy, nodding simply.

"Ella?" he wondered at her silence. "You're okay?"

She walked off before he could say anything else, and he rubbed the spot where her wand dug into his throat.

He wondered if he should've told her that her mother's betrayed them, and that, assuming his father was speaking truth, if any death eater who respects himself and the Dark Lord is ever to see her mother they are expected to kill her.

But perhaps it would drive Ella to actually harm him, he cleared his throat. And he was certain that it's better to put it off for now.

"Draco, are you taking a dump?" Pansy called out in anger. "Come on already! We want to finish the exploding snap!"

Malfoy sighed, looking at the bathroom. He didn't even get to pee.

::

We're cutting it short to go straight to the Yule Ball idk I feel like sleeping for a year and my boss wants me to go back to work no sir I will not