Chapter. 17. Protector

We hadn't heard from Lexi, she'd disappeared that evening after playing truth or dare in the woods with her friends... She didn't return our millions of calls, or anything...

Adrien:

Adrianus and Asher didn't pick up when I called them.

Kai got so upset that after his fiftyth call to Lexi, he came to my house, just falling apart. He was pounding on the door, and when my stepmom answered, he instantly collapsed into her arms.

I hadn't seen him like this since he lost his mom, Kai hadn't shed a tear since her funeral.

I went to search for Lexi, while Andrea and 'mom' comforted Kai on the main couch.

There were a million more calls coming in at the police station, After I called the gang, Jessica, Andrew (her friend not the creep), her friends, and Bella, asking if they'd seen her, or if she was with them, because she was supposed to meet me back at my house after her hangout with her friends.

I walked past the police station, my hood over my head, and seven police cars, sirens screaming and flashing, sped past me. As soon as it was quiet again, I listened to see if I could hear Lexi, and I....

Got her scent and a desperate call for help!

I followed the scent, sounds were quite unreliable.

I ran to the abandoned part of town, I was getting close!

And that's when everything want black...

I awoke in a back alleyway, tied up, three meters from Lexi...

Everything went by so fast, but I got her out of there...

The gang (not including Kai) Dealt with Andrew.