Fourteen

She was going to quit.

Shifting around in her bed for what had to be the umpteenth time, Rika stared up at the popcorn ceiling. Rays of light poured in through the wide windows, she could see the different sized bumps, some small, some large, but all of them an unusual shape.

She didn't know how to comprehend the events that had occurred. It had been one whole day since everything had happened, twenty-four hours of raging anxiety. Christmas Eve was spent with her anxiety at an all-time high and through the roof of the cabin, whereas, her boss came across to be functioning perfectly fine.

He didn't seem to be having the same lasting battle that she was undergoing.

They had taken a trip to a homeless shelter, where they spent hours giving out food and presents to those who were in need. There wasn't much time for the two of them to talk about it, not around his family or her trusted friend.

Had he glanced twice at her during their day out? Of course not, he had been preoccupied being a 'Good Samaritan.'

She paused, could she use that phrase on him...

She didn't know if he had any religious beliefs, some people celebrated Christmas without the need to follow the blessed traditions.

He didn't stick out to her as the religious type.

She realised then that she had absolutely no idea who he truly was, he was simply the man that paid her an outrageous amount of money to look after his children.

And yet, somewhere in the midsts of it all, the same man she was terrified over had given her a mind-blowing orgasm.

Her thighs pressed together, squeezing them tight as the memory flooded back in.

It was awkward, she didn't know how else to put it. Everything about the situation was awkward, she prayed it had all been one fucked up dream but she could feel his thick fingers inside of her. Shit. She could feel him filling her up, thrusting in and out, she could remember the blurring of the lines as she let herself fall apart all over his slippery fingers.

Holy fuck, she gulped.

What had she done? This was a great opportunity, she would never be able to find another one in such a short space of time. She decided there was only one thing she could do, she had to quit.

There was no way she could continue hanging around when the professional aspect of her job was ultimately obliterated.

Slater Ivanov had touched her in a way that would be deemed as blasphemous to many.

She didn't want to feel like she was taking on a job she didn't deserve, it made her feel sleazy.

A noisy beeping circled the room causing her to tear her eyes away from the ceiling. Looking over to the side, she spotted the alarm clock signalling her start to the day.

As it was Christmas day, all the adults had planned to wake up well before the children. It had sounded like a good idea before she realised that she would have to greet a half-asleep Russian, the last thing she wanted to do was to hear his morning voice again.

Peeling the covers off her exhausted body, she kicked her legs over and sunk her feet into the wooden floor.

Her morning routine was slow-paced, the scalding hot shower she had taken was long-lived and full of heinous reflections. She knew she didn't need to take a shower so early on, but she needed to clear her heavy mind.

The silence was relaxing.

Getting dressed in the matching pyjamas they had intended to wear was more of a challenge, as she dried herself off in her bedroom, her reflection stared dauntingly back at her.