Chapter 2: AU (where in ninjago are we?)

"WAKE UP COLE!!!" yelled the lightning ninja. 

Cole groaned and rolled off his bed. 

"What time is it?" He asked groggily. 

"Uhm.... Three o'clock in the morning?" Jay replied sheepishly. 

"WHY? JUST WHY? " 

"Wu wants to talk to us, and apparently it's an emergency." Jay sighed. "Otherwise I wouldn't have woken you, unless I was doing a prank. Which I am not. But hey, that would be fun. Speaking of pranks, we could prank Kai by replacing his hair gel with pink hair dye or-"

"Alright, that's enough. I'll be there in a minute."

In the dining room...

"At last. Please, take a seat." 

Everyone sat down into their designated chairs. 

"Alright, so what was so important that you had to drag us out of bed at three o'clock in the morning?" enquired Kai. 

"This morning I was looking through my scrolls when-" 

"What? You were looking at scrolls at three in the morning? Okay, I know you have , like, an obsession with scrolls, but looking at them all night is a bit-" started Kai.

 Wu banged his stick on the floor. THUMP.

"SILENCE STUDENTS. I can look through my scrolls whenever I want, Kai. So then, where was I... Right. I was looking through my scrolls, when I found quite a small one which had been pushed to the back of the shelf, presumably to keep it hidden. And inside.."

"Was it an ancient cake recipe?" Cole asked hopefully. 

"WHAT DID I SAY? SILENCE!" Screeched Wu. Cole shrank back in his chair. 

"Well. Inside, there was a large portion of text-" 

"Hang on, hang on." Frowned Lloyd. "If the scroll was small, how could it fit a large portion of text on it-" 

"STUDENTS! I LOVE YOU, BUT PLEASE JUST BE QUIET UNTIL I FINISH! OKAY? IF I HEAR ONE MORE DISTURBTION, THEN I SHALL LEAVE YOU TO THE FATE OF THE CHICKEN! IS THAT CLEAR?" 

Everyone ahuddered. Nobody wanted to fight the chicken again. 

Wu made contact with all the ninja menacingly. "Is that clear?"

*Silence*.

"Y-yes master Wu." 

"Good. The scroll was written by my father. And.." Wu took a deep breath. "It told of a Seventeenth realm. It is called... 'The universe'. However, 'The universe' can only be reached by a special crystal. This crystal is kept in a cave, near Shintaro, the ivory city. We must find it, quick before any villains may obtain it and cause mayhem in Universe. You must be very care-"

"Wait, but master Wu , isn't it the fifteenth realm, since the Preeminent was destroyed when Nyareached her full potential, and Djinjago was also destroyed in the process?" Asked Zane. 

"Right, that settles it. I am going to leave you in a room with the chicken in it, and afterwards, we are packing." Retorted Wu.

Everyone groaned. 

Thirty minutes later...

Nya groaned as she burst out of the living room, and into the corridor. Her hair had gone all frizzy, her gi was all crumpled and her body was aching furiously. The remaining ninja stumbled out, collapsing onto the floor and slamming the door shut behind them.