Chapter 14- Dragons

WARMING: spoilers for season 9 (hunted)

I looked at the rust - coloured scales of Firstbourne.
They were battered, and chipped, but beautiful.
Her large, delicate wings arched above my head, the sharp horns at the tips catching the dim sunlight of the cave. And there, hidden under her dark brown stomach, was the dragon armour. She was giving it.... To me?

I glanced at the Mad Hatter, who was now merely a stone statue. I glanced at the dragons peering at me, curiously, but respectfully, and took a step towards Firstbourne.

I grinned as I slipped my father's armour. I felt courage, determination, and positivity flow through my veins. The ninja were going to be... What was that word they used? Oh yes. Hooped.

The ninja were going to be so hooped.

---

The wind rustled my hair. I absent-mindedly reached my hand to where my beard was... Before remembering I had a goatee. That was a rather odd feeling.

I watched Firstnoene's wings gracefully beat up, and down across the sky, while her head was held up high, proud and glorious. Her two long horns were twisted into delicate 'C' shapes, however one of them had been damaged. I looked down at the dragon sword.

That must have been the other horn.

I looked towards the ground, scanning for the ninja. There, on the horizon, I could make out one of the Hunter's trucks. And four, colourful dots jumping up and down. Ahh. The ninja. They never change, do they?

I smiled at the four dragons following us, one each representing the primary elements: Fire, Earth, Ice and Lightning. They were so bonded together, yet so different, like the ninja, who were impatiently waiting on the ground.

Earth. The earth dragon was... Bulky. He had two large horns protuding out of his grey, scarred cheeks. Certain patches on his back, and on his legs, were covered in green, strong shell, and along the top of his back, spiky grey plates prodded out if his muscular shoulders. He seemed to have a constant grin on his lips. I knew Cole would love him.

The lightning dragon was skinny. Very skinny. She was a long, lapis green dragon, with a bright yellow belly. Her delicate whiskers wafted in the wind, and her long, thin tail crackled with electricity. She was tall, thin, but strong.

The fire dragon had a confident gleam in his eyes. He stood proud in the wind, fighting furiously against the wind. His spiky forehead reminded me of Kai's hair. Hm. 

The ice dragon was calm, and smooth in the air.  Ice crystals sparkled down his back, around his muzzle, and down his chest. They shone like diamonds. He was clam, robust, and intelligent.

All these dragons seemed to represent each of the ninja, in appearance, and character. I knew that the ninja would bond with them immediately.

As we landed, the ninja ran over, cheering.

"Master Wu! You did it!" cried Cole, waving his hands in the air.

I smiled. " Yes," I replied. "And I brought a few new friends to meet you."

As if by the pull of a lever, the four dragons calmly landed down beside the ninja.

With woops and cheers, the ninja hopped into their designated dragons.

"What happened to the Mad hatter?" Faith answered.

"He is no more." I smiled. "Faith? Do you wish to join us?"

Faith looked down at the floor.

"Sorry. But I-I think I want to stay. This is my home, and even though I was not happy here at first, I have found my place. And now that the mad hatter is no longer here, I feel that I will become... More... Free. More happy. More at peace." she turned and smiled at the other hunters, standing behind her.

"And now I have found my family."
She turned back to me.
"Good luck, master Wu. Good luck."

I smiled at her and nodded.

"Bye Faith! I'm sure we'll come back one day, to see you. And I'll bring Nya! I'm sure you two will get along perfectly!" Jay said, immediately brightening. "Nya! I can't wait to see her!"

"Farewell, Faith. As Jay said, we will come back to see you. Good luck for the future." said Zane, bowing his head.

"Yep! See ya! And next time we come, I'm DEFINITELY bringing cake. You'll love it. Gosh, I miss cake." sighed Cole.

"Bye, Faith! We'll miss you!" called Kai.

Faith gave us a sad smile. "Goodbye to you, too.  Until next time."
She put her hands on her heart, and smiled.

I smiled too, and bowed my head.

"Farewell. And I hope we meet again. Ninja, off we go!"

We took off, and began to spin, creating a portal.

"HOLD ON TIGHT!" I roared at the ninja.

I watched them grip onto their dragons. Some of them looked slightly shaken, but they all had the same look on their faces.

Determination.

I felt a confident smile take over my face.

"We're coming for you, brother." I thought.