Chapter Eight

Chris decided that I would have dinner downstairs with him tonight. An apology of sorts for leaving me alone. I watched a distance behind him as he cooked. The smell of the flour coated fish sizzling heavenly made my stomach growl endlessly. I just wanted to grab the filet straight out of the pan and chow down.

To busy myself, and at his request, I plated the table and filled the cups up with water. He brought everything to the table. The fish sizzled in the hot skillet. I stared in anticipation. The steamed asparagus on the side even looked appetizing.

I sat down at the table and waited as he plated the food. Finally he sat down and I started to dig in. He stopped me. My body tensed and I stared at him, confused. He just smiled and rubbed my hand gently before pushing it away from the silverware.

"I'm going to feed you."

Silent, I agreed. He grabbed the fork and carefully picked up a piece of the fish. He blew on it to cool it and extended the bite to me. I took it and slowly chewed. With a smile, he watched and waited with another bite for me. I started relaxing once I realized that he was just being kind.

In all honesty, I was grateful for him feeding me. If I had been in control I would have eaten so fast I'd vomit. Once I was full, I leaned back in the chair, satisfied. Chris ate his food and, with a glance, asked if I wanted more. I just shook my head.

We cleaned up the plates together. Once the dishes and pans were clean and drying I dried my hands on a small towel.

"I know you're full but I have a surprise. An — apology of sorts."

He sat me down at the table and had me close my eyes. I complied. He came back and sat something down on the table in front of me. I opened my eyes and my stomach awoke again. A piece of decadent chocolate cake. God, it almost made me cry.

"Don't worry, whatever you don't finish I'll eat."

I genuinely smiled.

"Thank you sir, it looks delicious."

He chuckled and watched as I took a bite. It was so moist and the cream cheese frosting was so sweet as it coated my tongue. I moaned in delight and got another bite.

I finished what I could eat and passed the plate off to him. After those days without him, I was happy he was back to take care of me. I closed my eyes and rubbed my full stomach. When he finished eating we cleaned up the kitchen before heading up to my room. We went inside and I used the bathroom before he started up the bath.

The water was nice and warm. He cleaned my body off thoroughly. I relaxed in his touch as he ran shampoo through my hair. Finally, he helped me out of the bath and dried me off. I pushed my hair while he picked out my sleepwear.

My gaze lowered to my knees and I frowned. The cuts on my knees were scabbed over. Thankfully they hadn't gotten infected from wearing the same bandaids for so long. I traced my finger over the healing lines, silent.

Chris brought my clothes and helped me get dressed. The normal silky gown and cotton panties. This time they were both a pale red color. I walked out of the bathroom and got into bed while he fixed up the closet. I started lying down to sleep but he turned around quickly.

"No, Karmen. You're staying in my room tonight."

I was confused but agreed. I got out of bed and he led me out into the hallway. We walked down the hall to his bedroom. I scanned the room, fear crawling up my spine. There were candles lit on the two nightstands beside the large bed. The door closed behind me and I heard the lock twist.