e i g h t

-train

jeon wonwoo's pov

hyejoo was surprised that she's gonna train me. her face was hilarious, i would've taken a picture.

she sighed and nodded. the manager headed out leaving us alone to open the shop.

she handed me an apron, i tied it easily. i saw her struggling with hers. i chuckled. how can she be the school's gem?

"let me help you," i offered. she looked at me awkwardly and shook her head.

"no, thank you."

i was expecting her to either reply rudely and slap my hand away or accept my help.

but she answered politely instead of yelling. usually, girls would accept my help.

im amazed.

"let's start your training," she spoke snapping out of my train of thoughts.

i pushed up my glasses and listened to her instructions carefully.

while she was teaching me how to operate the coffee machine, she accidentally burned her hand.

"didn't you feel any pain?" i asked her wondering how can she not express her pain.

"i did," she bit her fingernails. i quickly grabbed an ice from the freezer and placed it on top of her hand.

i was holding her hand, she was trying to pull it back.

"just let me help you. im just gonna help. don't get the wrong idea," i said as she stopped pulling her hand back.

she was tensed.

i saw her fingernails, they were all uneven. she really has a bad habit.

we opened the shop; while we're working, she would sometimes check up on me.

she was still awkward towards me, but she would still check up on me. she's not a spoiled princess, she was kind.

i guess i judged her too quick.

◇ ◇ ◇

lee hyejoo's pov

i observed wonwoo if he was doing the things that i taught him this morning.

while observing him, i found out he has hand tremors. his hand would shake everytime he hands out coffee to the customers.

he's really different. i don't know which part of him is different, but he's just different.

i saw him smiling at a baby in a stroller just now and my heart melted on the spot.

his once scary and threatening look disappeared when he smiled. it was really sweet.

i guess i judged him too quick.