s i x t e e n

-break

despite my sprained ankle, i limped to the infirmary and saw hyejoo still lying down on the bed. i went near her and luckily she was just asleep.

i thought her dad would pick her up? there must be something going on, im worried.

"hyejoo, wake up. school ended." i shook her and she was burning hot. i don't really know what to do except to stick a damp towel on her and that's what i did.

i wanted to carry her but due to my ankle i can't. i handed hyejoo her bag and she got up weakly. i placed her arms around my shoulder as we both exited the school gates.

the sun was shining brightly and hyejoo was burning. "take off your blazer," i said. 

"im fine, trust me." she took her arm off my shoulder and walked to the bus stop drained out of energy.

both of us sat down and waited for the bus just like last time. "why do you care about me?" she asked and stared at me.

i felt myself slightly blushing. "you're literally sick. be thankful," i tried to answer in a cold tone.

"thanks."

♢ ♢ ♢

lee hyejoo's pov

wonwoo accompanied me to the front gate and i thanked him once again. i saw my dad in the dining table.

"dad, im not feeling well," i told my dad. "i think i just want to rest." my dad looked at me.

"nonsense, go get ready. the finals are near," he said in a stern voice and left. i heaved out a sigh as i get ready for my classes. i wish he can just let me rest for once.

♢ ♢ ♢

it was morning, the bright sun shining on my face waking me up from my slumber. i still don't feel good, i was still feeling a bit dizzy. i decided on skipping school and rest.

for the whole day, all i did was eat, pee and sleep. it felt nice getting to take a break.