t w e n t y o n e

-run

the girl was occuping half of the bench while her backpack was occuping the other half. my legs slowly led me towards her.

i stood in front of her, she was staring at the ground while biting her nails. there was no other person who would bite their nails, it was lee hyejoo.

she looked up and stared at me, her cheeks weren't wet and her eyes weren't red from crying. but when you look at her eyes there was sadness.

"what're you doing here late at night?" i squated down to level her eyes with mine. she just shrugged and flashed a faint smile.

"for fresh air." she grinned. but it was a lie, it was clear that she's lying. i stood up and sighed.

"follow me, i'll take you somewhere," i said as i grabbed her backpack. i let my hand out, waiting for her to grab it. i didn't know what i was thinking, but luckily she took my hand; her hand was cold.

i placed her bag on in the basket. "hold on tight." 

i felt two arms wrapped around my waist, making me turn red. i was expecting her to hold onto her seat, my heart is gonna burst anytime soon.

i started to pedal and the cold wind blew our faces. it was really romantic, i peeked over my shoulder, checking up on her.

her eyes were closed shut and a small smile on her face. she was really pretty. the wind was blowing her hair and kissing her face, i hope one day i'll be the one kissing her.

the night was really beautiful, the sky was clear and not much stars were seen, the moon was shining really bright. 

we finally arrived at han river, i parked the bicycle beside the railings. my eyes searched for her, she was leaning on the railings staring at the river.

"are you ok?" i asked as i stood beside her admiring the view. she didn't answer, she just stared across the river. 

there was a long silence until she asnwered, "i ran away."