t w e n t y f o u r

-like

"why do you need work when it looks like your parents are loaded?" i asked him as i stare at the blank wall. our back was facing each other, it was really awkward.

it's my first time sleeping in someone's house and yet here i am sleeping in a boy's house, on a boy's bed, beside a boy.

"you seem rich too, why do you need to work at the coffee shop?" he asked back.

should i tell him? i already told him almost everything might as well tell him.

"i wanna run away to busan, my mom's hometown and study there" i hesitantly answered and ended the sentence with a sigh.

"me too," he answered my question and i was surprised. i didn't know that we have the same goal. 

we were silent once again, it was so silent that we can hear ourselves breathing and it was awkward.

"may i take a shower?" i jumped up from my bed and grabbed my clothes.

"yeah, sure." he sat up and watched me go to the bathroom. 

♢ ♢ ♢

jeon wonwoo's pov

i watched her entered the bathroom and lie back down again. i thought about what she said to me.

"i shouldn't be complaining, at least i can live under a roof."

she's still thankful.

"ever since my mom died, my dad made me play the violin, piano and take some classes. he would bring me to parties and brags about me, saying that im his perfect diamond."

her mom died.

"i don't want to be an unwanted coal. im trying to be a diamond, always shining and perfect, it's tiring. im tired of being a diamond." 

but no matter what she's always shining in my eyes.

she came out in her blue polka dot pyjama. "aren't you gonna take a shower?"

i shook my head smiled, she looked really adorable. she turned off the lights and lie back down.

our back were once again facing each other, while we stare the blank white wall.

"wonwoo, why do you care about me?" she asked. i shifted my position, making me face her back.

"cause i like you..." i blurted out without thinking. i saw her tensed up, i shouldn't have said that.

"forget what i sa-" i was cut off by her. "i dont like you."