Chapter 21 ( Encountering)

ERIC's POV :

This is not over yet . I called my people to Kill that dirt who dared to lay a finger on Selene. Her safety matters the most. 🌙🌗
I went to my bedroom and got freshen up . Tomorrow I'll be heading overseas. I've already informed Selene to stay at my place for a few days until I come here.
As I tugged my blanket and made preparation for a quick nap someone knocked the door.

🌒 KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK 🌓

"who?" I raised my voice.
"It's me..." She replied stuttering.

As soon as I heard her voice I rushed to open the door.

"Eric I've something to clear up!" She said.

"Spit it out" I said as I invited her in to sit first.

"Take it" She handed over a paper to me.
As I glanced at the paper I raised my astonishing voice , "A resignation form!"

"Yes" She said.

"For what?" I asked.

"I think it's quite inappropriate for me to work In your company as you've announced our relationship in public!" She said.

"Does it have anything to do with your job" I smiled gazing at her.

"Of course it has! ......Now that you made our relationship Public if I work at your company they will think I was able to get the job with your reference. They will think lowly of me. Moreover I don't want to become a topic of gossip." She said.

"But you definitely got the job on your own! I wasn't involved. So I'm gonna make it clear to everyone." I assured.
🌓
"Yeah I know it. But no matter how much effort you put to make it clear people will surely think that you're defending me! So just let it be...I'll surely figure out something." She patted on my shoulder.

"But..." I continued.

"C'mon you need to trust me and our relationship." She interrupted.
🌔🌘🌑
"Okay I trust you!" I assured.

"If everything's  sort out then I'm off to sleep. Good night!" She raised her soft honey voice.

"Good night" I said.

"Oh yeah... Tomorrow you'll be heading overseas, Right? Take care of your self and good luck!" She wished me luck.

"Thank you" I said.

She left .

(A week later)🌔🌘🌗🌛

Selene's POV :

Eric's gone already. I've already applied for a few jobs and it will take some time.But I can't sit home like this and do nothing. I at least need to do a part time job.

It's a fine morning. I went out as I felt suffocated sitting at home.

KRING KRING

I took out my cell phone and glanced at it. I swiped the notification bar

Congratulations your application for the post of librarian have been approved.

So I got a part time job now. I decided to work in a library before my cv's for the post in a renowned company is approved.

I went to the library. I applied for this kind of part time job as I like quite places and books.

I decided to work from today instead of procrastinating. As I went to the library, I greeted the lady sitting on the counter and showed her my job approval online.