3. Yule Ball

"The yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard tournament since it's inception. on Christmas eve night, we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity, as representatives of the hosts school i expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and i mean this literally because the yule ball, is first and foremost, a dance." Professor McGonagall calls out. Right away chatter starts from the room full of kids

"Silence" Professor McGonagall calls out again. "The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for Nearly Ten centuries. i will not have you in the cost for single by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons." Professor calls out. 

"Try saying that five times faster" I hear someone whisper from In front of me and I hear whispers of two people actually attempting to try to say it fast and I let out a chuckle after i figure out who it is. The Weasley twins. Fred and George have the best personality and are great to be around, they always lighten the mood.

I quickly get distracted from Professor McGonagal and hear whispers from the boys side. i can't make out what they are saying and it's driving me crazy. Ron was the one whispering and laughing

"Mr Weasley ," Professor Walks over To Ron and places a hand on his shoulder, "Will you join me please?" She asks him. He looks upset and embarrassed which makes me smile. He gets up me follows professor Mcgonagall in the middle of the room in front of everyone, His friends start laughing and sharing looks with each other.

"Now place your right hand on my waist" Professor  Tells him. His eyes immediately Widen and He begins to look worried. "Where?" He asks her as she places a hand on his shoulder. "My waist.." she raises an eyebrow and waits for him to place his hand.

One of the boys Gives a whistle as he places a hand. Ron turns around giving them a threatening look. "And put your arm..." She places his hands for him while his brothers fred and george are clearly making fun of him. I cant help but let out a smile

"Mr filch if you please?" Professor Mcgonagall Calls to him. He immediately Sets the music to start playing and Begins to dance with Ron Weasley.
"One two three, One two three, One two three-" I look at Ron's facial Expressions and he gives a look clearly showing he's embarrassed. I'm enjoying this. I look over and See Fred and George swaying themselves to the music mocking them As well

"Oi?" Harry calls out to the twins " you're never going to let him forget this are you?" He asks them.
"Never" They respond to him.

"Everybody come together!" Professor Mcgonagall tells us all. All of us girls immediately Stood up and began to walk forward. "Boys on your feet" She tells them. All the boys continue to slouch in their chairs with their arms crossed. I roll my eyes at how immature. Have they never done this before?

       ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

" This is mad, At this rate, We'll be the only ones without a date." Ron whispers. Professor snape Immediately walks bye and shoved his head down back into his books. I let out a smile considering how aggressive it was.
"Well, As for neville" Ron whispers. "Yeah but then again he can take himself." Harry whispers and giggles back.

"It might interest you to know that nevilles already got someone." Hermione Whispers back.

"ugh" Ron replies. "Now i'm really depressed."

Fred Hands Ron a note and Ron picks it up and reads to himself "Get a move on or all the good ones will have gone." He Looks back at fred.
"Who will you go with then?" Ron asks his brother.

Fred crumbles a piece of paper and throws it at a girl not that far away. she slowly turns around and looks back at him

He asks her quietly pointing fingers and giving signs about the dance "You go. To the ball." He begins to pretend to hold someone in his arms and quietly dances to himself as he's mouthing it "With me." He finally finished.

"To the ball? yeah" The girl replies. "Oh good lord" I whisper to myself and let out a laugh. "What's wrong?" Ron asks me. I nod my head in the direction of snape pretending to read a book behind the girl.

"Well Athena, you're a girl..." He whispers to me. "Oh well spotted" I say with obvious sarcasm in my voice "Come with one of us-" He begins but before he can finish Professor Snape Hits him In the back of his head with a book. Harry And i laughing at him until snape hits Us in the back of the head too. "Ow" i whisper rubbing my head. I roll my as at Ron once he begins laughing at me

"It's one thing for a boy to show up alone. But for a girl it's just sad" He looks at hermione and i.

"I won't be going alone because Believe it or not someone's asked me." Hermione Immediately snaps back at the two boys. She quickly stood  and headed to snape giving him her book. she turned around and grabbed the last of her things. "And i said yes!" She whispered and walked away.

"Bloody hell.." The two boys whispered to each other. I raised my brow at them. They continue to whisper and i notice Snape walking towards us.

"We've just got to grit our teeth and do it." I look up and see Professor Snape Fixing his sleeves as he slowly Continues to walk closer. I clear my throat trying to get the boys attention  "tonight when we get to the common room, We'll both Have partners, Agreed?" Harry nods his head in agreement. Snape Places his hands on the back of their Heads and Shoves them back into the Books immediately.

"Ohhh" The groan and i immediately laugh.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I walk in the room and immediately Look at Ron "Woah" he mumbles. I Smile and walk over and stand next to him.

As the Four couples walk in i immediately notice hermione. She looks beautiful. She has a big smile on her face as she walks by me. I give her a smile and show her a thumbs up. The music begins and the four couples on the dance floor begin to dance as the rest of us watch.

Neville grabs Ron's sisters hand, Ginny and begins to dance with her as well. Harry and his date are dancing quite sloppy. Looks as if they don't know what they are doing.

Soon the music chances to a more upbeat one and everyone begins to make their way to the floor.

Ron, Harry, His date and i Sit at a table watching everyone dance. We start talking about Hermione and her date. Harrys date rolls her eyes at him due to the fact that harry isn't paying any attention to her and is only talking to Ron and i. Suddenly a boy comes to her and asks "May I have your arm?" I furrow my eyebrows. "Arm? Leg? I'm yours" She gives harry a disgusted look and begins to dance with the boy.

hermione and her date soon walk over to us and he grabs her hand and kisses it, Then walks off. She looks at me and i smile at her. She sits down next to harry and has a huge smile stretched on her face. "Hot isn't it?" she asks. "Viktors gone to go and get drinks, Would you care to join us?" I try to open my mouth and respond but Ron doesn't allow me.

"No we would not like to join you and Viktor." She snaps. "Ron? What's up with you?" I ask him. "Yeah whats got you wound up in a knot?" Hermione finishes for me. " you were talking to the enemy." I punch his arm lightly and give him an annoyed look.
"The enemy!?!" Who was it wanting his autograph? Besides the whole point of the tournament is international magical cooperation.To make friends."

I lean towards Ron's ear and whisper "I think he's got a bit more than friend ship on his mind" So only he can hear. He turns to me and lets out a chuckle. Hermione Stands up and turns to say something, But nothing comes out.She quickly walked off.

I turn the corner and see Hermione yelling and arguing with harry and Ron. "You guys spoil everything!" She sits on the steps crying as they walk off. I walk over and sit next to her. "Hey" I start just above a whisper. she looks at me with tears in her eyes "Come here" I bring her in for a hug and she doesn't pull away. "It's okay" i pull away and look Her in the eyes "Don't ever let anyone tell you something like that okay? They were being immature and rude. And besides. I thought you and your date were pretty cute." I let out a chuckle and continue "If you ever need me i will be here for you. Always and forever." She looks at me and blinks her tears away "Always and forever? i like that" She attempts to let out a laugh. "It's something that my family has said for centuries. They taught it to me while i was Younger." I explain "Come on let's go"

We stood up and walk Away from the steps.