16. Goodbye Mother

On the second slide there is a song that i'll tell you to play later. Hope you enjoy!

                                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ever since the events that happened last week i can't help but think it's my fault. My dad has had to keep telling me it isn't. But it is. It's my fault i put her there. It's my fault someone followed me. It's my fault i didn't do my best to help her. I was too weak.

"Athena!" I hear a voice call out.

I quickly walk over to the mirror to wipe my tears and walk downstairs to see Dad, Uncle Kol, Aunt Rebekah and aunt Freya. "What's wrong?" Freya asked me with a look of worry on her face.

"Nothings wrong i'm fine" I said and attempted to put a smile on my face.

"Athena, It's okay to not be okay..." Rebekah started. She then cupped my cheeks and smiled a bit. "For now, Go upstairs and take a nap. We'll talk to you later" she said and attempted to let out a smile too.

I nodded and headed up stairs to lay down. I could feel my eyes begin to burn because of the tears and i knew i would fall asleep quickly. I closed my eyes and fell Asleep.

"This is your fault." Voices whisper in my head.

"Why did you to it"

"She wouldn't be dead if it wasn't for you."

"What if you never came home and stayed at Hogwarts."

I shot up in my bed and let out a gasp. "This is my fault" I let out. The voices are back.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Athena! We need to go!" Aunt Freya called for me.

We were headed to 'Honor my mother's memory.' I cant help but feel guilty. As soon as we got there i let out a sour look.

"No...No this is all wrong. Who are these people?" I asked Aunt Freya.

"They came out of respect for your mother. She had an effect on many." She turned and said to me.

"No none of these people even knew her where are her friends?" I said while looking around at them.

"They knew that she was a good person, Athena" Aunt freya grabbed my shoulders and said to me. I walked off and everything around me became blurry. It's not supposed to be like this.

Two Black vans pulled up causing everyone to scream and jump out of the way. I didn't. I stayed.

Aunt Freya Yelled for Josh who was like my brother Along with marcel. He went to the trucks to see people with wooden Stakes ready to kill. "Athena we need to go!" Freya walked back to me "No!" I snapped back

"No?!" She asked "No! This already sucks enough i'm not gonna let them ruin it more!" I yelled and waved my hand at her causing her to jolt back onto the sidewalk.

I began to chant at the van and it exploded in flames. The people in the second van were getting ready to attack but just before they did, Josh grabbed me and ran me out of the way.

Worst day ever.

I know that we are supposed to have a proper funeral Later. Hopefully things will be better there.

                        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Play song now*

We were all out at the Bayou As Aunt Freya began to speak.

"No one will ever be able to replace her. Or feel the pain, We feel at her loss. But we can Honor her With our actions and with our words. We can love each other. The way she would have wanted us to love."

One of the woman holding a torch placed it onto the tiny boat that my mothers body was in Slowly set the body on fire and pushed it out into the water. Hearing the crickets in the back, The water, The flames. Made me calm.

"goodbye mother." I whispered and felt a warm tear fall down my cheek.

I felt a hand grab onto mine and i held it back Without looking at who it was. I then turned my face and saw it was my dad.

"What are you doing? I thought you weren't coming?" i said while tears continued to fall.

"Our family has infinite struggles but right now i need to be here, With my daughter" He said while looking into my eyes.

As my dad and i held hands, the others went inside. Leaving it being just me and him

"I'll always be here for you." He said. "Even if i can't truly be by your side holding your hand, I'll call you, And i'll write, And freya will allow us some time together with her magic." He said to me and i nodded my head while putting on a smile.

"Come here sweetheart" He said and pulled me into a hug. I grabbed on tightly and didn't want to let go. Not yet. Not ever.

He turned to me and cupped my cheek. "I love you" He said and looked into my eyes.

"I love you too" I said while looking at him from my tears in between sobs. He then ran off leaving me alone at the dock. I've never felt so Vulnerable.

I need my Friends.

I need my mom.

I need My family.