SIX: flying solo

╔══════   °• ♖ •°   ══════╗

𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

CHAPTER  SIX:
flying solo

╚══════   °• ♖ •°   ══════╝

FLYNN PROVED TO be incredibly stubborn. Emilia and Julie couldn't find her, like, anywhere, no matter how many places they drove to. Finally, the two girls decided to give up when they literally ran out of places to go. But what Emilia did not expect was to find Flynn standing on Julie's front porch.

"Flynn!" Julie exclaimed. "What are you doing here? Em and I have been looking all over for you!"

"Not everywhere, 'cause here I am," Flynn countered.

"We've been texting you all day," Emilia voiced, walking up the path to get closer to Flynn. "Guaranteed you're mad at us, but you could've at least texted us back."

"I sent a poop emoji in the group chat. I think it said everything. I was just leaving this." Flynn then pulled a Triple Threat t-shirt out of her backpack, and Emilia felt her heart sink. "I won't need it anymore."

"I'm not taking it," Julie refused. "Neither is Emilia."

"Fine, then my dad can wash his car with it, though all this betrayal on it might scratch his paint."

"Look, Em and I are very sorry for not telling you, but I — I need you to know how important you are to me. There's no way I would've made it through this year if it wasn't for you and Emilia."

Emilia nodded. "Me too. You and Julie have been there with me through all of my rough patches, especially when I was thirteen. I wouldn't be who I am today without you two."

"Yet it was three strangers that got Julie back into music," Flynn argued. "I don't need people in my life who lie and keep things from me. Goodbye, Julie. Goodbye, Emilia."

Emilia turned to Julie as Flynn began to walk away. She sent a subtle nod to her. They had to prove the truth about these boys without Flynn thinking they had actually gone insane . . . which might be a bit of a process.

Julie grabbed Flynn's shoulder and pushed her back. "They're ghosts."

"What?" Flynn asked in bewilderment.

"The boys in our band, they aren't holograms. They're ghosts. And when we play together, people can see them."

"And for some reason I'm able to touch them," Emilia added. "Which is still something I haven't figured out. It's really strange. I should probably get on that."