EIGHT: pinky swear

╔══════ °• ♖ •° ══════╗

𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

CHAPTER EIGHT:
pinky swear

╚══════ °• ♖ •° ══════╝

HERE'S EMILIA'S TIP of advice: never, and she means never, teleport with a ghost. It was a ten out of ten not fun experience. All she could see was pure black. Bitter cold wind whipped past her face and ears. The feeling of a million pins and needles sticking in her skin covered her entire body. It felt as if the moment would never end.

Finally, after being in agonizing pain for who knows how long, sunlight shined on her skin again. She gasped as her feet hit the ground. Emilia attempted to blink the black spots out of her vision as she stumbled backwards. Her feet slipped out from underneath her and she landed in someone's arms. Emilia didn't bother to see who it was and tried to make sense of the spinning image her mind was trying to register in front of her. Everything was making her want to throw up. However, she quickly repressed her nausea and tried to plant her feet firmly on the ground.

"Oh my God," Emilia let out while coughing a couple times. "That was awful."

"I didn't mean for you to come along," Luke admitted, a miserable tone to his voice as he helped her stand up straight. "But apparently you can travel with us now, too."

"And there's another question to add to our list," Alex announced.

Emilia placed a hand on her throbbing head. "I never want that to happen again. It's worse than that one time I rode that rollercoaster at Six Flags."

Finally, her vision cleared and she regained her sense of reality. Emilia found herself standing on concrete that surrounded a pool. The glass balcony overlooked the beach of Malibu. She turned, and there stood the mansion of Trevor Wilson (or Bobby . . . she was still confused.)

"You're kidding," Emilia stated. "You're literally kidding. What are you guys gonna do? You're dead."

"We have to haunt him," Reggie argued. "He can't just get away with this."

Emilia raised an eyebrow. "You know I can't condone this."

"Come on, Lia," Luke urged, giving her a cute smile and poking her shoulder. "Just let us haunt him a little bit."

Emilia glanced in between the three boys. The eager expressions mixed with anger on their faces made it hard to say no. She couldn't blame them for wanting to get revenge, but she also didn't want them to get so completely invested on this task that they would forget everything else. After all, they did have a school dance to play at later.