NINE: broken promises

╔══════   °• ♖ •°   ══════╗

𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

CHAPTER  NINE:
broken promises

╚══════   °• ♖ •°   ══════╝

EMILIA KNEW SOMETHING was wrong when the clock struck nine-ten.

Flynn was able to keep the crowd of high schoolers happy and upbeat with the songs she was playing, but that wasn't enough to lift Emilia's spirits. The boys were able to appear in places quickly at any time, so why were they late? Surely they didn't forget about their first gig and break Emilia's pinky swear on showing up. She had grown fond of these boys (one a tad bit more than the others) and really didn't want them to break her trust.

Emilia was getting really tired of waiting. She leaned against a table backstage with her arms crossed. Julie seemed anxious as well, constantly moving around to try and keep herself busy.

"Is everybody fired up for Julie, Emilia, and the Phantoms?" Flynn asked the crowd.

The crowd cheered in response. Emilia and Julie shared a shocked glance. They hadn't had a name for their band yet, and here Flynn was, absolutely crushing it with the title.

"Great! Keep that fire 'cause that's later. We're a bit behind schedule, but don't worry, just enjoy these mind-blowing beats."

They cheered again. Flynn kept her beat going as she walked back to the two backstage.

"Julie, Emilia, and the Phantoms?" Julie questioned.

"I had some free time in French class," Flynn answered. "And you both better like it, because I registered it on Insta, Snapchat, Twitter—"

"Flynn," Emilia cut her off with a slight laugh. "Come on, I love it. The only thing that would make it better is if the Phantoms were actually here."

Flynn then turned her attention behind her. She waved and sent a knowing look to Julie. Emilia's eyebrows knit in confusion. She turned, only to see her twin brother standing there. Emilia heard Flynn's footsteps walk away behind her, leaving her, Apollo, and Julie alone.

Emilia sighed, tucking her hands in her pockets. "Hey, Apollo. Thanks for coming."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," Apollo replied. "This is your first big performance. Seeing you sing your heart up and be happy up there with Julie is kind of refreshing. I haven't seen you smile that big since we were thirteen. Although, the way that one guitarist looks at you makes me think he's got something to do with it."