SEVENTEEN: let's paint the sky

╔══════   °• ♖ •°   ══════╗

𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

CHAPTER  SEVENTEEN:let's paint the sky

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
let's paint the sky

╚══════   °• ♖ •°   ══════╝

THE PLAN WAS simple: Willie, Alex's ghost friend, was going to move the tour bus of the band that was supposed to open for Panic! At The Disco at the Orpheum tonight. Once the news reached the promoter of the Orpheum, he would need to scramble to find a new opening act. That was where the boys came in. They would pull up the YouTube video in the promoter's office of Julie, Emilia, and the Phantoms performing Edge of Great and write Julie's phone number on a piece of paper.

Waiting was excruciating. Emilia and Julie paced around the studio as they waited for the boys to get back. Julie's phone rested face-up on the table, prepared for a call if everything went according to plan. Emilia shook her hands out in front of her as she let out a deep breath. It felt like it had been hours since the boys left.

And then, finally, they appeared. Emilia stopped and stared at them with wide eyes. She opened her mouth to speak, but Julie beat her to it.

"Oh my gosh! What took you guys so long? Did Willie do it? Did you talk to the promoters? Did they watch the video? Did they like us? Are we playing tonight? Can someone answer me? Why is no one saying anything?" Julie rambled.

"Woah!" Reggie exclaimed. "That's a lot of questions. Luke, you wanna take this one?"

"Take a seat," Luke said calmly.

Both Emilia and Julie sat stiffly on the couch. The three boys kneeled down in front of them on the other side of the coffee table.

"It's fine. Everything's fine."

"Yeah," Alex agreed. "You should be getting a call right . . . now!"

He pointed at Julie's phone. However, the screen remained dark and nothing happened. Emilia's eyes flickered between the phone and the boys expectantly.

"Okay, right . . ." Alex pointed at Julie's phone again. "Now!"

As if on cue, Julie got a phone call. Emilia let out a squeal of happiness and shook Julie's shoulder.

"Nailed it," Alex stated as Reggie and Luke gave him high-fives.

The phone continued to ring. Luke, Alex, and Reggie waved Julie on to answer her phone. Julie quickly swiped the screen to answer.