THIRTEEN: edge of great

╔══════ °• ♖ •° ══════╗

𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
edge of great

╚══════ °• ♖ •° ══════╝

BUTTERFLIES SEEMED TO be a reoccurring theme. So when Julie suggested they base their outfits off of the beautiful insects, Emilia couldn't help but agree. It reflected her mood about Luke, anyway. That was all she could think about while getting ready. Emilia stuck with her signature color of red, this time in the form of red jeans, a black top with a red butterfly embroidered onto it, and black Converse. Julie had taken the liberty of pinning the two front pieces of Emilia's hair back with red butterfly pins she had.

However, the second Emilia arrived at Julie's house and spotted Luke through the window standing outside the studio in his infuriatingly gray beanie, she turned as red as her jeans and began stumbling over her words. Julie immediately sensed something was up. She called Flynn up to her room for an emergency meeting in order to find out what happened.

"Slow down, Em," Julie said in a calm tone.

"Something happened," Emilia voiced, pacing back and forth. "Something really big happened."

Flynn's eyebrows knit in confusion. "What? Is it anything bad?"

Emilia stopped in her tracks and looked at them. "I kissed Luke."

Julie's eyes widened and her mouth fell open. "You kissed Luke?"

She nodded rapidly. "Yep. Yeah, I did."

"You kissed Luke," Flynn repeated. "Emilia, he's a ghost."

Emilia gestured wildly with her hands. "I couldn't help it! He was right there! What was I supposed to do? Just ignore the boy that has completely taken over my thoughts every minute of every day?"

Julie moved to sit on the edge of her bed excitedly. "Okay, okay, start from the beginning. I want to hear everything."

"All right." Emilia took a deep breath. "So, he showed up at school this morning to ask me if I was cool with singing Edge of Great for tonight. I said yes and then he wanted me to ditch school to rehearse, but then I said no because, you know, I promised Ray to put schoolwork before music."

Julie nodded. "Right."

"So then he asked to come by my place later to write because he was like somehow you found a way to make my songs better, and I said oh yeah sure. Then after school I was writing the lyrics to that beat you sent me, Jules, and he appeared when I was stuck on writing the last part. He told me to play what I had so far for him and when I told him it it was a duet, he said he would sing it with me. So then we started singing, and as time went on . . . I realized that the lyrics I wrote were about him. Just For a Moment? It was everything I felt about Luke, and I didn't even notice until he sang with me. And then once we were done singing, he helped me finish it the lyrics, and then we sang the last part."