SEVEN: admitted crushes

╔══════   °• ♖ •°   ══════╗

𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

CHAPTER  SEVEN:admitted crushes

CHAPTER  SEVEN:
admitted crushes

╚══════   °• ♖ •°   ══════╝

BUTTERFLIES. THAT WAS all Emilia felt when she was around Luke. It was so completely and utterly stupid — considering that he was a ghost — but there was just something about him that drew her in. The two of them had taken Reggie's advice to collaborate on songs, so they had spending more and more time alone together. Lyrics scribbled down on pages of both of their journals joined their souls together as they both worked on something that they were passionate about.

Emilia, quite possibly the happiest she had been in a while, hummed a melody of one of her and Luke's songs to herself as she rustled through her locker. She grabbed the binder needed for her next class and tucked it into the crook of her arm. When she shut her locker, she saw the eager faces of Flynn and Julie standing behind it.

"Hey," Emilia greeted, smiling at her two best friends. "What's up?"

"We want to hear them," Julie replied. "You told me Luke swung by your place this weekend and that you spent all your time writing songs. And, as part of the band, I am entitled to hear them."

It was true. Luke had appeared in her bedroom when Emilia was sitting at her keyboard, trying to write lyrics to a melody that had popped into her head. Luke helped her out tremendously and they both assisted each other in coming up with the words. After that, more songs just seem to be produced between the two of them. Apollo was a little concerned that Emilia seemed to be talking to herself, but she just played it off that he must've been hearing things.

Emilia laughed slightly. "Come on. I'll play you some."

She took off down the hall, Flynn and Julie right by her side.

Julie nudged her ribs with her elbow. "So, how was writing with him?"

"So easy," Emilia answered as they walked into the music room. "We have very similar outlooks on music. His ideas and my ideas . . . something really special came out of it." She sat down at the piano and lifted up the top to reveal the keys. "The first song we wrote is called Edge of Great." Emilia pressed her fingers to the keys and began to sing. "I believe, I believe that we're just one dream, away from who we're meant to be, that we're standing on the edge of. Something big, something crazy, our best is yet unknown, that this moment is ours to own, 'cause we're standing on the edge of great."

𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓  ―  l. patterson  ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara