I Can't Believe I Just Did That

Woah. This was happening. A girl had just kissed Percy in front of me. Now I’m not stupid. I know the girl had kissed him and he didn’t want anything to do with it. I know Percy, it’s obvious he’s more loyal to his loved ones than most people. 

    But I couldn’t believe it. This had actually happened. Everything was perfect and I had stopped doubting our relationship. But now this. Was this supposed to be a sign?

    The girl looked at me then back at Percy. A smirk came up on her face. I recognized her. Drew Tanaka. Silena’s cousin. She made it a goal to make everyone’s life a living hell and to ruin everyone’s relationships. Percy ran up to me and grabbed my hand.

    “Wise Girl please. You know I wouldn't do this. Please trust me Annabeth” He said with tears in his eyes. I gave him a gentle kiss and walked up to the girl. I was going to say something and then Percy pulled me back. 

"Nope you're not killing someone in a school building. Not yet anyway" He said as he started pulling me out of the building. 

"Whatever Seaweed Brain" I said. I looked back at Drew. Her hand was on her hip and her face had a smirk. She pointed at Percy and then herself. I'm pretty sure she meant to say "He's mine". She walked out of the school and around the corner. 

Me and Percy got into his car. Nobody said anything. Percy didn't even start the car. I knew what I had to do. It had been bothering me since the day we started dating. 

"Annabeth I promise you, I didn't-" I cut him off. My mind was set and I wouldn't let him change it. 

"Percy what if this is a sign?" I asked without looking at him. "What do you mean?" He put his hand on mine. It was comforting but I reluctantly pulled away. 

"I mean, what if we're going too fast? We stopped talking to each other and then the day we had one conversation we started dating. Even before we stopped talking to each other, we had only been friends for what? 4 days maybe?" I looked at Percy. I couldn't read his expression. 

"What are you saying Wise Girl?" He said quietly. I looked away from him and stared straight ahead. I didn't want to do this. I knew I would regret it sooner or later. But what if I was right? I had to be right on this one. 

Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. I wouldn't let them. No way I was about to break down and seem so fragile. I fiddled with my hand and took a deep breath before saying the words I had been dreading since day one. 

"Percy I think we should break up"